How To Make Aloo Andey Ka Salan At Home
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : April 21, 2022 16:04 IST
Try this recipe of Aloo Andey Ka Salan which is a perfect option for your lazy afternoon lunch.
Aloo Andey ka salan or Aloo Andey ka shorba is a Pakistani dish that is popularly cooked in Muslim households. It is a quintessential dish that has all the flavours of ground and whole spices infused with egg and potatoes. This dish is like the go-to comfort food for all the people who love Mughlai cuisine. There are various versions of this dish like the Lucknowi version and the Pakistani version. This dish is served with some plain white basmati rice or roti, and is the epitome of simple Pakistani food. It consists of tender potatoes, juicy and flavourful shorba, delicious boiled eggs with a soft yolk and lots of spices that make it a full-blown comfort package. The history of this dish is not much known. All we know is that this salan hails from Pakistan and is widely popular in the kitchens of Lucknow. It is one of the dishes that you can prepare on a lazy afternoon and still have a platter full of spices and nutrition. With each bite, you can taste different flavours that are soaked in tender potatoes and fried boiled eggs.
Here is the recipe for Aloo Andey ka salan that you can prepare on your lazy afternoons-
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Potatoes
- 4-5 tablespoons of Oil
- 2 Onions
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tspns red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Whole spices
- 2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, hard boil the eggs and remove their shell after they are boiled fully.
- In another pan, add some oil and heat it. Shallow fry the boiled eggs until they get golden brown. Make sure you don’t over-fry them.
- In another saucepan, heat some oil and add the whole spices, and cook them until they sputter.
- Add the onions to the pan and sautee it for 2-3 minutes. After that add the ginger garlic paste to it.
- Cook the onions and the ginger garlic paste until the onions get a golden brown colour and the raw pungent smell had faded away.
- After the onions are cooked, add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. You may also make the tomato puree and use it as per your choice.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and spices of your choice. Cook the curry well.
- Now add the fried boiled eggs and potatoes to the curry. If you want, you can add boiled potatoes.
- Add some water to it and cook the curry well until the potatoes are tender and easy to break.
- Top it up with some coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.
- Add some salt to the water when you boil the eggs or potatoes. This will help the eggs to boil faster.
- When cooking the eggs in curry, make sure you toss them gently.
- You can add some chicken or mutton masala for an enhanced flavour.