How About Honey Chilli Chicken For Dinner
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : August 22, 2022 17:08 IST
Try this honey chilli chicken recipe for dinner.
Juicy chicken pieces are fried to golden brown perfection and then mixed in a sweet and sour honey chilli sauce to make this crispy honey chilli chicken. One of those meals that everyone enjoys is this one! Serve over rice for a supper that is superior to takeout. In order to make the dish sweeter and less intensely spicy, honey is added to the chicken in honey chilli. The chicken pieces are fried, crispy and juiced. They are cooked with an amalgamation of different spices and exotic veggies. The base is usually spicy and tantalising which gets balanced by the sweetness of honey. This dish is perfect for those days when you crave something exotic yet light.
Here's how you can make honey chilli chicken at home-
1. 2 Teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
2. 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
3. 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil for Deep Fry
6. 8-10 pods of Garlic Crushed
7. 2 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
8. 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Sauce
9. 1 1/2 Tablespoons Honey
10.1 bunch of spring Onion chopped
11. 1 tablespoon Oil
12. 2 Tablespoons Seasame Seeds Toasted
13. 500 grams of Chicken Breast cut into finger-like strips
14. 2 - 3 Tablespoons Cornflour
1. Chicken strips, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, chilli flakes, lemon juice, and salt should be combined in a big bowl before marinating the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. One piece of chicken at a time put into the hot oil in the frying pan. Over medium heat, fry a few pieces at a time until golden, about 5 minutes. On paper towels, drain any extra oil. Continue by doing the same with the remaining chicken strips.
3. Meanwhile, add smashed garlic to hot oil in another pan. After cooking it for two minutes, add honey, tomato sauce, and hot sauce, and simmer gently for three to four minutes.
4. Add the fried chicken strips and the chopped spring onions. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot with the roasted sesame seeds on top.
1. Do not over-fry the chicken pieces as they may get rubbery.
2. You can play around with different veggies and add them as per your preference.