Holi 2022- Exclusive Few Quick And Easy Recipes From City Of Joy
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : March 11, 2022 12:03 IST
With dishes like thandai, gujiya, kachori, namak pare that are synonymous to Holi, let’s dig into these delicacies that Kolkata has to offer.
As the season of colours approaches, the city of joy gears up to celebrate the festival with zeal. Holi is a time to reunite with family and friends, delight in the joyful festivities and feast lavishly. With dishes like Thandai, gujiya, kachori, namak pare that are synonymous to Holi, let’s dig into these delicacies that the city has to offer.
Gulabi Aanardana Paneer Tikka – Canteen Pub & Grub
• Dry aanardana
• Finally Chopped ginger
• Fresh aanar juice
• And canteen special tandoor spices
• Marinate 5 pieces square cuts of paneer with salt and dry spices. And rest for some hours.
• Making for Masala: take some yogurt, cashew paste, salt, cream, dry aanar
• Dana powder, fresh aanar juice and seasoning. Then mix properly.
• After completing, add paneer pieces and cook in tandoor. Finish it with some fresh aanar.
Classic Pistachio Thandai - La Macario Cafe
When you think of Holi first thing comes to mind is the Classic Thandai. We have created this with iccecream and thick malai with lots of Almonds and pistachios and tinge of Saffron to it. It gives a cooling and wholesome flavour
• 200ml milk
• 3 tbsp thandai syrup
• Thick malai
• Vanilla icecream 1scoop
• Vanilla essence as per taste
• In a blender - add 200ml milk & thandai syrup thick malai and churn
• Then add 1 scoop Vanilla icecream some Almonds and pistachios & blend
• Top it up with some whole Almond pistachios and Kesar and serve chilled.
Paan-Tini – Lord of the Drinks
• Bacardi white -60 ml
• Cranberry juice -60ml
• Lemon juice -20ml
• 1 no meetha paaan middle and shaken together
• Garnish - orchid and meetha paaan
• Mix Bacardi white well with Cranberry juice and Lemon juice.
• Garnish the Holi special drink with orchid and meetha paan.
Mini Dabeli-La Macario Cafe
Bite Sized Dabeli is a popular Indian Snacking dish. With Holi people love eating this small tiny bites of colorful dishes with twist of Tamarind & green Chutney
• Small Soup Buns or Pao Buns - 6 pcs
• La Macario Special Dabeli Masala 2 tsp
• Boiled Potato 3 tbsp or 1 pcs boiled & mashed
• Tamarind Spicy Chutney
• Green Coriander Chutney
• Finely Chopped onion
- In a small pan add 2 tbsp oil and heat.
- In a bowl mix mashed 3 boiled potatos 2 tbsp tamarind chutney & 2 tsp Dabeli Masala.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Transfer mixture to the plate.
Assembling Dabeli -
- Slit Pao and centre and put come coriander chutney on one side and tamarind chutney on the other.
- Stuff in the aloo dabeli mixture
- Top it with chopped onions coriander & Sev & pomegranata
- Roll the dabeli in sev and serve
Red Ballon – Traffic Gastropub
• Prawns: 200 gm
• Garlic chop: 3gm
• Ginger chop: 3gm
• Green chilli chop: 4 gm
• Red Thai curry paste: 3gm
• Maggi seasoning: 2tsp
• Ketchup: 2tsp
• White pepper powder: 2gm
• Salt: 1gm Chopped
• onion: 5gm
• Chopped cilentro: 4gm
• Egg: 2pc ( for crumbing)
• Panko bread crumbs: 500 gm ( for crumbing)
• First take the deboned prawns, wash it well, make a fine paste. Then add all ingredients and make a mixture.
• Make small balls & put the tail of prawns on top of those balls to make like it that.
• Make it crumbing & deep fried. Serve it hot & spicy sauce.