Green Beans Pulao: Enjoy This Nutritious Bowl Of Rice
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 07, 2022 18:09 IST
Loaded with nutrients and flavour, this pulao can be easily prepared at home
Stir fries and curries are not the only ways of preparing green beans, there are other must-try options, such as pulao, which brings out the taste and texture of the vegetable. Green Beans Pulao can be quickly rustled up with a few easily available ingredients. The pulao should be cooked in a style that complements the crunchiness and subtle flavour of the green beans. Therefore, it should be prepared with minimal spices, cashew nuts, and ghee to create a rich flavour that heightens the distinctive taste of the green beans.
Green Beans Pulao is made with Basmati rice, infused with mild spices and ghee, and cooked in stir-fried green beans. The rice should be soaked in a bowl of water, for half an hour, and then drained before being cooked. The condiments in the pulao can be adjusted according to taste preference, but at least a little bit of garam masala, ghee, and cashew nuts must be included. To ensure the green beans retain their crunchiness, use minimal water as the beans cook in their juices. Also, make sure to destring and cut both ends of the beans before chopping them.
Green beans have plenty of health benefits, so Green Beans Pulao is a plate full of nutrition. Green beans contain Vitamin K, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C. They are also high in dietary fibre, folate, and calcium. Green beans are good for bone health, control blood high blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and are good for cardiovascular health. Interestingly, green beans are, in reality, considered a fruit, but it is still called a vegetable in common parlance.
Here’s the recipe for Green Beans Pulao.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 onion
- 150 gms green beans
- Green chillies
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 cardamom pods
- Cumin seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cashew nuts
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Garam masala powder
- Refined oil
- Salt, to taste
- Soak the basmati rice, boil it, and keep it aside.
- Chop the green beans into big pieces.
- Rough chop the onion and chop two green chillies into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat two tablespoons of oil and fry green beans for 5-10 minutes.
- Take off the cooked green beans from the flame, and keep them aside.
- In a pan, heat two tablespoons of oil.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds, the black peppercorns, and the cardamom. pods, the cinnamon sticks, and the onions, and salt, saute well.
- Add one teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste, and stir for a few seconds
- Then, add the chopped green chillies and mix it.
- Now, add five cashew nuts, the soaked basmati rice, salt, and one teaspoon of ghee, and mix them well.
- Pour two cups of water and let the rice cook till only a little bit of water is left.
- Add the cooked green beans, cover the pan and let the pulao cook on low flame for five to 10 minutes.
- Serve the Green Beans Pulao with pineapple raita.