3 Grandmother Tips For Making Soft Parathas For Breakfast
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : May 07, 2022 20:05 IST
If parathas always turn hard with your hands, follow these three tips below.
It happens quite a lot with me that whenever I make parathas, it becomes hard instead of being soft. In such a situation, I took my granny’s help and with her tips, I am learning to make parathas soft and tasty. So today, I am sharing the three tricks my grandma shared with me to make parathas soft and fluffy.
Kneading the dough
When making paratha, use ghee and salt while kneading the dough.
- If you have taken a cup of flour, mix a little spoon of melted ghee (make sure it's not overheated) and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Now, mix the flour with some water. After mixing the dough, mix two to three spoons of water and cover it with a plate.
- Once you're ready to make parathas, remove the plate and start kneading it.
- After doing this for 2-3 minutes, the perfect dough will be ready, and when you make parathas, they will be very soft.
You can also use curd while kneading the dough apart from salt and ghee. However, keep in mind that using fresh curd only, as old curd is sour and can change the taste of the paratha.
- While kneading the dough, add curd to it and mix it. If it is not thoroughly combined, use some water.
- Next, mix the whole dough, cover it and do not use water.
- After 5-6 minutes, when kneading, use some water in your hands.
- When the dough is ready, make parathas from it. The paratha will remain very soft even after cooling down.
Use baking soda
- Apart from curd, you can also use baking soda in two cups of flour and mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda everywhere in the flour.
- Now, mix it with some water while you make the dough.
- Cover it for 6-7 minutes, and then knead for a while with the help of water.
- The dough will be perfect, and the paratha will also become soft. This method is very easy. Try it while making parathas.
- Dough kneading is very important for making the paratha.
- Apart from this, it’s also essential to keep in mind how you are cooking the paratha.
- When you keep the paratha on the pan after rolling, you can keep the flame high, but as soon as you turn it, reduce the gas flame to low or medium. One side of the paratha should not be burnt while turning.
- Try to keep the flame of the gas medium to make the paratha soft.