Give Your Navratri A Healthy Spin With Chef Kunal’s Oats Dhokla
- Sushmita Sengupta
Updated : October 02, 2022 17:10 IST
Navratri is a widely celebrated festival in Gujarat, and Dhoklas are usually prepared in huge numbers for the pre and post Dandiya grub.
The festive season is here and how, and with it, we have also found an insatiable appetite for all things greasy and decadent, think: kathi rolls, noodles, pakora etc. Afterall, who is counting calories now, right? Perhaps you should. All of these fried foods will take a toll on your waistline sooner or later, hence it is not a bad idea to be a little mindful of everything you add to your plate. Now, its festival time, and we are not asking you to eat bland porridges, but you can surely give a healthy a healthy upgrade to your festive snacks.
Navratri is a nine-day long festival that is dedicated to the worship of Goddess Durga. It is a widely celebrated festival in Gujarat, and Dhoklas are prepared in huge numbers for the pre and post-Dandiya grub. Dhokla, for the unversed is a steamed cake that is made with a fermented batter of besan and is finished off with sugar syrup, mustard seeds and coriander leaves. Now, Dhokla is one of the healthiest snacks since it is steamed, but you can make it healthier with this delish recipe by celebrity chef Kunal Kapur, who uses Saffola’s Masala Oats to make this yummy Oats Dhokla. Try this yummy recipe soon and let us know how you liked it.
Oats Masala Dhokla
Preparation Time – 10 mins | Cooking Time – 20 mins
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup Masala Oats
- 1 cup sour yoghurt
- 1 tsp ginger and green chili paste
- 2 tsp ghee
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Garnishing – grated coconut and coriander
- Roast Masala Oats in a pan till aromatic
- In a bowl add rice and soak it for 40 mins and keep it aside
- In a separate bowl, add rice and oats, yoghurt, ginger and green chili paste, 2 tsp ghee, Salt to taste. grind it into a thick batter
- Grease a tin with ghee and add the batter into it
- Place the tin into the steamer and let cook for 20 mins
- In a pan add 1 teaspoon oil, when it sizzles add curry leaves, sesame seeds and grated coconut.
- Once Masala Oats Dhokla is ready, garnish it with curry leaves, sesame seeds and grated coconut