Fusion Tadka With Mexican Inspired Vada Pav Tacos
Updated : August 09, 2021 12:08 IST
Isn’t fusion food just the best? Here presenting a recipe for a Marathi-Mexican dish the Vada Pao Tacos.
Now, traditionally a vada pav is a patty of aloo served on two sides of bun or pav, while tacos are filled with meat and veggies and dips like queso, salsa or guacamole. This fusion mix is a taco served with vada pav and topped with some Mexican salsa. This dish combines the best of both worlds and the end product is so spicy and sapid. If the heat is a little too much, mix a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise with the salsa, to make it more palatable.
1 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of Mustard seeds
1-2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 chopped green chillies
1 tbsp of Ginger green chilli paste
1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder
1 tsp of Garam masala
2 cups of boiled and mashed Potatoes
1 tsp of Lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 cups of canned tomato paste
3/4 cup of water
1 tbsp of cumin
2 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of sugar
1 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
Salt and pepper
For the salsa
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Mix then simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
1. Boil the potatoes and mash to make at least two cups worth.
2. In a pan, sauté the cumin and mustard seeds for a minute and then add in the turmeric powder followed by the garam masala.
3. Continue to cook for another half a minute on low flame.
4. Then to this, add 2 cups of boiled and mashed potatoes and the lemon juice and salt, pepper and green chillies.
5. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Finish with fresh coriander.
6. Form into patties and shallow fry in a pan to achieve the golden brown colour.
1. Microwave the tacos.
2. Spread a generous serving of the salsa (or salsa Mayo) and add the patties and some veggies of choice.
3. Close the wrap-up and enjoy.