Extra Cheese One Pot Spaghetti: A Creamy Weekend Treat
- Team Slurrp
Updated : July 02, 2022 18:07 IST
This One Pot Cheesy Spaghetti is the perfect weeknight dinner for your family! It's cheesy, delicious, easy to make, and easy to clean up after!
It takes under 20 minutes to prepare this One Pot Cheesy Spaghetti for the whole family. Palate. All you need are a few pantry ingredients, and you can make dinner in no time. You can teach your older children this recipe. Having some cooking experience under their belts, they can easily prepare this dish for the family!
Extra Cheesy One Pot Pasta
You may find yourself going through the drive-through or picking up something pre-made at the grocery store after a long, stressful day. Don't feel bad - you all been there!
After such a long day, you deserve something delicious and easy to make, and that's where this Cheesy One Pot Pasta recipe comes in. All the ingredients can be made in one pot, the pasta does not need to be drained, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
A classic go-to dinner in every kitchens is this recipe. Everyone loves cheesey, garlicky, saucy pasta, right? It is always loved by everyone, which is why they ask for the second!
History records that the origin of the Italian pasta can be traced directly to the Arab dish called "itriyya", which was commonly referred to by Greeks as "dry pasta". The long lasting and durable meal was one of the main nutrition sources for Arab traders who traveled all over the then-known world outside of Europe. It is believed that the first European contact with itriyya occurred during the 7th century AD when the Arabs captured Sicily because of their nomadic nature and military conquest. A Chinese recipe for pasta was rumored to have been brought to Italy by Marco Polo, but his travels took place more than 500 years later.
One Pot Cheesy Spaghetti is a delicious weeknight dinner for the whole family! There's nothing better than this easy, delicious and cheesy recipe!
Tips For One Making Cheesy Spaghetti
Make sure you don't overcook the spaghetti noodles. To give noodles some bite, Usually it is always recommended to cook noodles for one minute or less.
For a more hearty meal, choose your favorite protein. In addition to rotisserie chicken, people mostly use ground beef, Italian sausage, and shrimp.
You can also saute any vegetables you like. It's a great weeknight meal that you can make your own!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 6 strips thick cut bacon, cut into lardons
• 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
• 2 cups heavy cream
• ¾ cup Parmesan, grated
• ½ cup Pecorino Romano, grated
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 pound spaghetti, cooked with ¼ cup pasta water reserved
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 (5-ounce) wheel of brie cheese
• 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Using medium to high heat, sauté bacon pieces in olive oil until golden brown. Sprinkle garlic over the bacon and sauté until fragrant.
• Add heavy cream to the skillet when the bacon is fragrant. Add the Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, and pepper, and simmer until slightly thickened.
• Add the cooked pasta and reserved pasta water, and thoroughly mix. Stir in the lemon zest.
• The heat should be turned off. Divide the brie wheel in half width-wise.
• Place the halved wheels on top of the pasta, top with breadcrumbs, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
• Serve right away. Pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.