Italian Special: Here's How Can You Make Spaghetti Marinara With Chicken Meatballs
- Gatika Pal
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Try this homestyle spaghetti recipe, tossed in marinara sauce with golden brown soft, juicy chicken meatballs. It is perfect for a weeknight dinner or lunch with friends or family.
Meatball with spaghetti is a simple dish that never gets old. It's a delicious, moist, and juicy recipe that satiate your taste buds with Italian flavours. Succulent chicken meatballs are the star hero in this classic spaghetti dish. Learn to make lip-smacking marinara sauce spaghetti with flavourful chicken meatballs at home.
- 500 grams boneless chicken (minced)
- 3 slices of white bread (sides removed & diced into pieces)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2-3 sprigs of basil/ parsley
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
For Spaghetti Tomato Sauce:
- 500 grams spaghetti
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 medium-sized tomato (finely chopped)
- 4-4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2-3 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- ½ tsp oregano seasoning
- ½ tsp honey
- Salt, as taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Grated cheese
How To Make Spaghetti With Chicken Meatballs?
- To make chicken meatballs, take a large bowl, add boneless minced chicken, garlic, chopped springs of basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt and mix all these with your hand to combine well.
- Now add crumbled bread, beaten egg, and lastly, 1 tsp olive oil. Again mix well, all together, and combine to form a dough. Keep this in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Moving on to boil spaghetti. Take a deep pan, heat an abundance of water. Add spaghetti with a pinch of salt and around a tablespoon of oil. Al dente the spaghetti for 8-10 minutes. Drain and pour some oil and mix. Reverse some of the water to add to the sauce if needed.
- Now take out the mixed chicken mixture—heat 2 tbsp oil on a skillet. Take a small portion from the mixed chicken and make small rounded-shaped balls with your hands. Slip them in the oil and pan-fry them till they turn crispy and brown. Once they are done, keep them aside.
- Time to prepare the sauce; take a pan or skillet. Heat some oil with butter in it. Add chopped garlic, onions, green chillies and saute them till they remove the raw spell.
- Add tomato puree, again, saute for a couple of times or more. Add dry spices, oregano, salt, and pepper. Don’t allow the sauce to become very thick. Use revered water if you need it—Cook the pan-fried meatballs with sauce for a few minutes.
- Now add al-dente spaghetti toss with the tomato sauce and meatballs. Mix well; once it is done, turn the flame off.
- Grate some cheese on the top of the cooked pasta.
Serve and garnish it with chopped basil or parsley. Add more grated cheese if you need it.