Try Your Hand At This Exotic Mexican Taco For Brunch
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : October 27, 2022 15:10 IST
Brunch: Immerse your flavour buds in Mexican zest with this easy taco recipe.
Reality-resisting architecture, scenic beauty, cuisine, and encapsulating several cultural differences that do not require any reference define Mexico. What is Mexico’s best offering to the world? It is none other than multitudinous versions of tacos. This fresh and light snack, once named ‘street food’, has become a fascinating symbol of Mexico. The taco is filled with veggies made from beans, hot sauces, and fresh corn tortillas; the taco serves several flavourings in a plateful. However, globally this easy recipe has been reinvented in a kind of ways. For instance, meat lovers can use seafood or even fresh meat, and vegetarians can use kidney beans. From filling fruits to fresh tofu, anything can be utilised.
Here is an easy recipe for you:
- 2 finely chopped onion, tomatoes, avocados
- 4 cups of maize flour and kidney beans
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds and chilli powder
- A bunch of mint and coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil for frying
- 1-2 tbsp of salt and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of plain flour
- 4 ginger and garlic cloves
- 2 cups of tomato puree
- For the fresh crispy tortilla taco base, mix plain flour and maize flour in a container and stir thoroughly. Knead well with water.
- Divide the dough into more petite proportions once it is ready.
- Create little round flat pieces with a rolling pin and then deep fry.
- While frying the tortillas, make sure that they don’t stick to each other.
- Freeze these tortillas once you are done.
- Boil the kidney beans for the filling.
- Add tomato puree, fresh veggies and chopped tomatoes. Now let the mix-up dry.
- Now scoop out a few clean pieces of avocado and lay the mix on avocados.
You can use coriander or mint leaves for garnishing. You can add some slices of feta cheese, too (only if you are a fan of it). Are you looking for an accompaniment? Nothing works like a lime piece or a fresh green mint sauce.