Try this bhutte ka shorba during this monsoon.
Bhutte ka shorba means a rich corn stew. Since this shorba is made from grilled corn, the other name for this shorba is Bhune bhutte ka shorba – meaning roasted spiced corn soup. Traditionally, shorba, a Persian delicacy, is prepared by simmering meat in boiling water along with salt and aromatic spices.
But over the years, shorba has undergone multiple modifications, and many vegetarian alternatives to shorba have surfaced. Bhutte ka shorba is a perfect combination of corn and spices that gives this recipe a very distinct flavour. It is a delightful blend of spices and nutritious corn that are seasonal during monsoon. It is a creamy corn soup that you can enjoy on a rainy day. It is easy and quick to make and uses uncomplicated ingredients. Bhutte ka shorba is a complete package of nutrition and taste that hits the right spot.
Here are some benefits of corns-
1. Shields against haemorrhoids
2. Encourages growth
3. Facilitates weight gain
4. Gives you minerals
5. Shields against cancer
6. Safeguards your heart
1. 2 cups Sweet corn kernels (boiled)
2. 2 tbsp Butter
3. 1 tsp Cumin
4. 1 Bayleaf
5. 1/4 cup Onions chopped
6. 2 tsp Ginger chopped
7. 2 tsp Garlic chopped
8. 1 Green chilly
9. 2 sprigs Curry leaves
10. 1/2 tsp Turmeric
11. 2 tsp Curry powder
12. 1 tbsp Flour (all purpose)
13. Salt to taste
14. A pinch of Pepper powder
15. 4 cups Water
16. Garnishing with Chopped Spring onions
17. Popped corn for garnish & as an accompaniment
1. Melt butter in a skillet and add cumin and bay leaf. Green chilli, diced onions, ginger, and garlic are added after stirring. Stir quickly for one minute.
2. Add curry powder, turmeric, and curry leaves. Add corn after a brief toss. Cook the corn for three minutes. Sprinkle flour, salt, and pepper. After one minute of cooking, add water. It should boil for three to four minutes.
3. Now take it off the flame and give it a moment to cool.
4. Remove the bay leaf now, pour the mixture into a 1.5-litre jar, and then grind it. Check the mixture once it has been well pureed, then turn off the machine, remove the soup, and strain it. Once drained, put the mixture into a skillet, bring to a boil, and then taste it for spice.
5. Pour into a bowl, top with chopped spring onions, and sprinkle with popcorn.