Eggless Recipe: Whole Wheat Dry Fruit Cake By Home Chef Is Drool-Worthy
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 23, 2022 08:04 IST
Eggless Wholewheat Dryfruit Cake by Homechef Shikha Kulshreshtha is worth trying this weekend.
You can make a healthy cake recipe without all-purpose flour for special occasions or a tiffin treat! This spongy cake goes well with a cup of tea or coffee in the evening. Here's the eggless wholewheat dry fruit cake by Homechef Shikha Kulshreshtha from HeyHomie.me
- 1 ½ Cup + 1 TBsp Wholewheat Flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 ¼ cup Olive Oil / Butter
- 3 Tbsp Curd
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Chopped Almonds
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cashews
- ¼ Cup Raisins
- Baking Pan -8Inch
- Hand Whisk
- Pre heat @ 180 degree
- Bake @ 180 Degree
- Preheat the oven to 180° and use the 8-inch round baking pan to grease and flour
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe mixing bowl. To make the wet mix, add milk to the butter.
- After that, add Vanilla Essence and lemon juice to the mixture (ensure the mix is warm & not hot )
- Sieve and add all the dry ingredients (excluding the dry fruits) to produce the dry mix in a separate bowl (ensure the mixture is warm and not hot)
- To make the dry fruit mix, combine all dry fruits and sprinkle them with one tablespoon of flour.
- In three parts, add the dry mix to the wet mixture, stirring softly after each addition and making sure the batter is smooth.
- If the batter's too dry, add a few tablespoons of milk to modify the consistency.
- Combine 1/3 of the dry fruits in the batter in a separate bowl.
- Pour the set batter into the pan and sprinkle it with the remaining dry fruits to cover the top.
- Bake for 32-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow it cool for another 10 minutes in the pan.
- Run a knife along the baking pan's edge and transfer to wire racks to cool entirely
The cake is now ready to indulge in!
Note: You can also create muffins using the same mix; the baking time will be about 20 minutes in that instance.