Chicken Tandoori With Masala Gravy: Made With Easy Homemade Ingredients
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 11, 2022 01:09 IST
This restaurant chicken gravy is easy to make at home
Chicken is that one main ingredient which is loved all across the globe. The craze for chicken is very high among all the non-vegetarians. Just name the word chicken and there will be thousands of recipes available from all over the world. One can find multiple options if going for street foods, other reluctant and elegant recipes could be found in fancy restaurants and cafes. The North Indian style itself has various buttery options available.
The tandoori preparation of chicken is considered one of the delicious methods both in the Northern and the Southern States. The smokey flavour due to the burnt charcoal and purified ghee multiplies the taste and aroma of the dish making it everyone's favourite. The aroma of the home made grounded species makes it flavoursome and scrumptious.
Tracing the origin of Tandoor Recipes
It has been found out that the traces of tandoor recipes were first observed or seen during the Harappan Civilization back in 3000 BC. The ancient ovens found during the Harappan Civilization are similar to that of the modern tandoors found in Punjab now. It is believed that Harappan ovens might have operated in the same way as the modern tandoors of Punjab.
Tandoori chicken is a South Asian dish of chicken marinated in yoghurt and spices and roasted in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. The dish is credited to a Hindu man named Kundan Lal Gujral from Punjab who fled to Delhi after the partition and opened a restaurant there. The dish soon became famous throughout South Asia, Middle East and even in Western countries.
- 1 kg Chicken boneless
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Black salt
- 1 tsp Whole spices powder
- 1 tsp Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Yoghurt
- 6 tbsp Grind tomatoes
Method Of Preparation:
- In a bowl, add chicken boneless, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, kashmiri red chilli, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black salt, whole spices powder, fenugreek leaves, cumin powder, vinegar, yoghurt and mix it well
- In a pan, heat oil and add marinated chicken and fry for 10 mins on high flame
- Add grind tomatoes, kashmiri red chilli and boil it, Cover & Cook for 10 mins on low flame until chicken tenders
- Cook on high flame for 2-3 mins until oil separates
- After that,Add charcoal, oil & coal smoke for 5 mins
- Garnish with fresh coriander and julienne cut ginger
- Easy and tasty tandoori chicken masala gravy
The curry is savoury in flavours and the aroma of the burnt charcoal with purified ghee over it fills the whole taste with a pleasing aroma which makes it appetising. The vibrant orange colour, the perfect aroma, the flavours of the homemade spices all makes this dish a perfect one to be served for a feast. This dish could be enjoyed with rumali rotis, naan and steam rice.