Diwali 2022: Tried These Desi Desserts With Heavenly Makeover?
- Tanisha Salwan
Updated : October 18, 2022 11:10 IST
From Apple Jalebi to Gulab Jamun Cheesecake, these desserts can make your Diwali even more special!
Diwali is officially known as the festival of lights, but we know deep in our hearts that this festival is much more than this. This festival brings so much happiness, family time, and of course indulgence in some mouth-watering desserts. Some sweets are must-haves during Diwali. But with each passing year, we have witnessed that many modernized forms of such desi desserts have taken over center stage.
You May Also Like
Halloween 2021: A Desi Trick Or Treat With These 6 Pumpkin Recipes
Diwali 2021: 5 Odia Desserts To Dig Into This Diwali
Diwali 2021 dessert recipes: Healthy sweets from parwal mithai to protein laddoo
Summer 2022: These 5 Desi Desserts Are Perfect To Beat The Heat
This Diwali, Feel Royal With These Rajasthani Desserts
Our Diwali special kaju katli has evolved into cranberry kaju katli while our humble gulab jamun has evolved into gulab jamun cheesecake. These modernized avatars of our desi desserts have taken over the Diwali table. Let us have a look at these new avatars and also find one amazing recipe in the end.
Cranberry Kaju Katli
Kaju katli and Diwali just cannot be separated. It is one of the two desserts without which one cannot imagine a perfect Diwali. You know the other one, isn’t it? Now, kaju katli has turned exotic, and why not, it deserves it. Made with a blend of cranberry, these kaju katlis have a beautiful colour and scrumptious taste.
Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
We all love gulab jamun and we all love cheesecake. But what is it like to have gulab jamun cheesecake? Believe me, this tastes like heaven. It is so tempting that one just cannot say no to it. Topped with gulab jamun pieces, gulab jamun cheesecake is a perfect dessert to be served to your guests.
Jalebi is pure delight, and we know why. Soaked in sugar syrup, jalebis can take away all your worries. Jalebi is loved in every form so why don’t give apple jalebi a try this time? Made with apples, this jalebi gives an exotic touch. Not only will it impress your guests on Diwali but will make you a perfect host.
Image credits: Youtube/Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Motichoor Rabdi Parfait
Motichoor ladoo has a makeover and we are absolutely loving it. With a blend of rabdi, this motichoor parfait is going to steal your heart in no time. Not only it looks tempting, but its taste is so good that you will be taken straight to the foodie heaven. This is a must-try this Diwali.
If you are looking for a barfi that should be tasty as well as healthy, beetroot barfi is what you need. Beetroot has literally given a heavenly makeover to your regular barfi and made it even more scrumptious. If you are a person who always likes improvising, beetroot barfi is something you should definitely try.
Since we promised that we would give you a recipe, here’s a recipe of amazingly delicious and tempting gulab jamun cheesecake that can bring your boring Diwali parties to life. Just don’t go anywhere else and follow the steps below.
Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 to 6 tbsp melted butter
- 3 cups regular cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup sugar (granulated)
- ¼ cup corn-starch
- ¼ tsp saffron
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 20 pieces of gulab jamun
- Pulse crackers into a sand-like texture.
- Add butter and pulse till the cracker crumbs are moistened.
- Now, evenly distribute the mixture on the liner laid in the mould and press it down into an even layer.
- Bake it at 350-degree Celsius for 5 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and add sugar and cream cheese.
- Mix everything well using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the heavy cream, sour cream, cornstarch, cardamom powder, rose essence, and saffron.
- Combine everything together. (Make sure you don’t overmix the batter).
- Now, evenly distribute the batter using an ice cream scooper. Also, add gulab jamun pieces (with excess chashni drained out)
- Place the cupcake pan into the oven.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 18-20 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 1 hour.