Bharwan Tandoori Aloo, A Vegetarian's Delight
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : March 17, 2023 05:03 IST
Kickstart the party with this vegetarian starter!
Celebrations and gatherings are here and deciding what to serve as evening snacks is a tough task. Non-vegetarians have quite a lot of options but vegetarian snacks are limited. We have something which is beyond the usual paneer tikka and chaap. Tandoori bharwan aloo is a delicious snack that has all the smokey deliciousness of the potato. You can serve this snack with green chutney. It is a perfect appetizer to get the party started.
You May Also Like
Diwali 2021: 5 South Indian Delicacies To Try At Home This Festive Season
No-Cook Diwali: The Fusion Avocado And Aloo Chaat Can Be Put Together In 15 Minutes
Holi 2022- Aloo Bhalla Exclusive Recipe By Chef Neeraj Tyagi
Diwali 2022: 5 Vegan Millet Kheers For Festivities
Diwali 2022: Chef Pankaj Bhadouria’s Malpua Is Sheer Indulgence
1. 6 Medium Potatoes
2. Cottage Cheese grated1 cup
3. Oil1 tbsp + for deep-frying
4. Ginger finely chopped
5. 1 tbsp Green Chillies
6. 2-3 Cashew Nuts
7. 1 tbsp Chaat Masala1 tsp + for sprinkling Kashmiri red chilli powder
8. 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
9. Salt to taste
10. 1 cup Yogurt
11. 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
12. 3 tbsp Mustard oil
13. A pinch of Turmeric powder
14. Half Lemon
1. Peel the potatoes cut a thin slice off each side, and scoop out the centre to form a barrel. Put the trimmings in a basin and set them away.
2. Warm up the oil in a kadai. Potato trimmings should be deep-fried until crisp and golden. On absorbent paper, drain.
3. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add the ginger and green chillies, and cook for one minute. Cashewnuts should be roughly chopped, added to the pan, and sautéed for one minute before being placed in a bowl.
4. Add salt, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, and 1/2 tsp cottage cheese, and combine thoroughly.
5. Mix yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, salt, 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, and 1/2 tsp chaat masala in a bowl to make the marinade.
6. In a different nonstick pan, warm the mustard oil. Put the heat out and then add the turmeric powder. This tempering should be added to the marinade. Crush the leftover fried potatoes, then stir them into the marinade.
7. Put the filling inside the potatoes. Place the potatoes in the bowl with the marinade and cover them with it.
8. On each skewer, insert one half of a lemon, and three packed potatoes, and leave a small space between them. Cook the skewers for 8–10 minutes in a hot tandoor.
9. Take the potatoes from the skewers and cut them in half. Serve hot after transferring to a serving plate and adding some chaat masala.