Christmas 2022: Say Cheers With These 5 Festive Cocktails
- Ranita Ray
Updated : December 24, 2022 02:12 IST
Winter and the holiday and festive season make a perfect occasion to add some boozy cheer. The warmth of the heady beverages keeps the cold away while their intoxicating spell infuses a sense of festivity effortlessly. As you are hosting house parties, learn some easy-to-churn exotic cocktails and impress your guests.
We are at the fag-end of the year, and as the clock is ticking, indicating the last few days of December are left, a cheer is in the air. On the one hand, it is about merrymaking of Christmas; on the other, it is also about the anticipation of fresh beginnings and a whole year of new possibilities. December brings the joyous holiday season with it; decked-up buildings, roads across the cities teeming with lights, and homes reverberating with lively vibes. What can further fuel the revelry are some heady, exotic beverages. To commemorate this joyous season, Beam Suntory India shares cocktail recipes to bond over with friends, family and loved ones. Make your festivities more memorable, whether you're organising a year-end party or an intimate dinner.
Old Fashioned Breeze
You May Also Like
Old fashioned breeze cocktail
Take advantage of this fall gift and garnish it with an orange twist and cherry to enjoy as a holiday cocktail.
- 2.5 parts Jim Beam Black (latest bourbon)
- 1part simple syrup
- Dash of angostura bitters
- 1part fresh orange juice
- 2 parts cranberry juice
- Orange slice and cherry for muddling
- Orange twist and cherry
- Muddle orange slice and cherry in a shaker
- Pour all remaining ingredients except cranberry juice into the shaker and shake vigorously with ice
- Add cranberry juice to a rocks glass with ice and follow with the contents of the shaker
- Garnish with an orange twist and cherry.
Glassware: Rocks glass! Garnish: Orange Twist and Cherry
Black Hot Toddy
Black hot toddy cocktail
Keep the winter chills at bay with your new favourite hot toddy recipe. Extra-aged bourbon delivers a full-bodied richness with the characteristics of vanilla, toasted oak, and baking spice. Ideal for cosy holiday gatherings or quiet nights by the fire.
- 2 parts Jim Beam Black
- 1 part honey
- 2 parts fresh lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Lemon peel
- Put Bourbon, honey, and lemon juice in a 6-ounce mug
- Top off with hot water and stir until honey is dissolved
- Garnish with a lemon peel (optional).
Glassware: Rocks glass or Teacup
Garnish: Lemon Peel
Lighter Negroni, Image Source: Beam Suntory India
This is a delicious take on the original Negroni. But this concoction is more likeable and perfect for the impending festival season.
- 40ml Sipsmith London Dry Gin
- 40ml sweet vermouth
- 25ml Campari
- Combine gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari in a rocks glass over ice
- Garnish with a lemon twist or an orange wedge
Optional: you can make a Vodka version or use equal parts gin and vodka in this drink.
Glassware: Rock glass
Garnish: lemon twist or an orange wedge
Hot Winter G&T
G&T, Image Source: Beam Suntory India
This gin cocktail with tonic syrup is a great alternative to mulled wine or cider. One can sip from a thermos on a frigid walk or when the weather becomes cold, and you need something to warm your 'ginny' cockles.
- 25ml Sipsmith London Dry Gin
- 25ml tonic syrup
- Hot water
- Orange wedge
- Combine the gin and tonic syrup in a mug
- Stir well to combine and top with hot water
- Garnish with an orange wedge
Garnish: Orange wedge
Bebinca flip, Image Source: Beam Suntory India
This cocktail fuses the iconic Portuguese dessert, the Bebinca, with one of the oldest cocktail families, the flip, to create a delectable drink similar to its Goan equivalent.
- Oaksmith Gold 50ml
- Coconut cream 25ml
- Small egg whole 1no
- Jaggery Syrup 25ml
- Vanilla essence - 2 drops
- A pinch of nutmeg powder for garnish
- Add all the ingredients, except the Oaksmith Gold and the nutmeg powder, to the shaker
- Shake it hard, without ice, to emulsify the ingredients and create a froth. This is known as a dry shake
- Now add ice, the measure of Oaksmith Gold and shake the drink once again Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with a pinch of nutmeg powder.
Glassware: Coupe glass
Garnish: Nutmeg powder