Chinese Chicken And Rice: The Ultimate One-Pot Recipe
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 14, 2022 16:09 IST
The recipe is a perfect blend of the savoury flavour of the rice and saucy chicken chunks
Chinese Chicken and Rice is a terrific and delicious one-pot dinner recipe. It has an abundance of flavours and can be prepared easily. It’s a complete meal dish which can be made within minutes.
This Chinese-Asian recipe has juicy chicken which is lip-smacking. Besides the chicken, you can also include some vegetables in this dish. The blend of rice and chicken is so perfect in this recipe that you will love each bite of it.
Here’s the recipe for Chinese Chicken and Rice
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the chicken:
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 500 gms chicken thighs (boneless)
- 1 big bunch of Chinese broccoli (with thick stems)
For the rice:
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth (low salt)
For the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- Green onions (sliced)
- Sesame seeds
- In the first step, let’s prepare the sauce. Add chopped garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cooking wine and pepper in a bowl and mix them properly.
- Once mixed, include chicken and toss it in this sauce.
- Marinate the chicken properly and leave it aside overnight.
- Next, cut Chinese broccoli stems into small pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Now, heat some oil in a large pot over a medium-high flame.
- Transfer chicken pieces from the bowl into the pot one by one.
- Cook chicken from both sides until golden.
- It will take 3-4 minutes to cook properly but don’t let them burn.
- Once cooked, transfer these chicken pieces to a plate.
- Now, add a touch of oil if the pot is a bit dry.
- Include onion, garlic and ginger in the pot and cook for approximately 2. minutes until tinged with light-browned.
- Put rice and stir properly to coat grains in oil.
- Add broth and Chinese broccoli stems and stirs once again.
- Next, place the chicken in the pot and cover it with a lid.
- Cook it on a medium flame and bring it to a simmer.
- Cook for approximately 12-15 minutes until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Now, switch off the flame and remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep it aside for approximately 10 minutes and then remove the lid.
- Toss rice and garnish the recipe with sesame seeds and green onions.
- The Chicken Chicken and Rice dish is ready to be served.
Points to remember:
- Instead of chicken thighs, you can also make this recipe with chicken breast, as per your choice.
- Just marinate them for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- You can also add other vegetables such as mushrooms and potatoes to this recipe.
- Any ordinary white rice is suitable to prepare this recipe but you can also make it with brown rice, Japanese rice, sushi rice or jasmine rice.
- Ensure that the chicken gets cooked properly and doesn’t get burnt.