Easy Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe By Wellness Chef Rebekah Sood
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : April 12, 2022 19:04 IST
These almond cookies are ideal for super crunchy and perfect evening munchings!
Everyone loves cookies. They come in different sizes and shapes but still bring the same love and warmth. These cookies can be quickly made at home with only three ingredients without a lot of planning. The best part? These delicious almond flour cookies are vegan, gluten-free and made without refined sugar. You can make these in under 25 minutes. Wellness Chef Rebekah Sood is sharing one of her favourite Chinese almond cookie recipes, which is super crunchy and perfect for biting into!
Super Easy Almond Cookies
- 1 cup (112g) blanched almond flour (or ground almonds)
- 3 tablespoons (36g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.4g) baking powder
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) water
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking sheet with coconut oil or butter paper
- In a bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and (optional) salt until there are no lumps left
- Add the water and stir until blended
- On the prepared baking sheet, scoop your batter one spoon at a time into a cookie shape, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 15 minutes until golden brown
- Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet after removing it from the oven
- Remove from sheet and let it cool completely
Are Almond Cookies Healthy?
“I love how this recipe is so healthy and yet so simple. I believe in the healing power of avoiding the three foods that are hardest on your gut - gluten, sugar and dairy. Giving your gut a break from these can reduce inflammation in your body and boost your immune system and digestion. What’s important to note is that there are so many delicious alternatives to gluten, sugar and dairy that are just as satiating. These almond cookies are a perfect example,” says chef Rebekah, the founder of Atmosphere Studio, where they make products to help one live their best life with a thriving gut. Their pancake mix, vegan, sugar-free fudge and gut-healing kombuchas are available across NCR and Mumbai.