Chicken Vada Pav; Lip Smacking Desi Starter
- Harshita Malhotra
Updated : December 24, 2022 10:12 IST
Vada pav with chai is an absolute delight. Spicy chutney with dried and tangy coconut is enough to startle our taste buds. Here's a recipe of how you can make chicken vada pav!
In Mumbai, there are more than 20,000 stands that sell vada pav. In Mumbai alone, there are numerous regional varieties of cuisine. Large fast-food franchises that specialise in vada pav include Kunjvihar Jumbo King in Mulund and Goli Vada Pav. Vada pav is a variation of the dish that is popular outside of Mumbai in Nashik. One such variation is chicken vada pao. The perfect protein- and flavour-packed start to your day is only a taste of this delicious chicken vada sandwiched between the soft pav that is drizzled with spicy chutneys.
- 2 Cups Minced chicken
- 1 cup Besan
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 6-8 Curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Chopped green chilli
- A pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Haldi
- Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the following: mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, chopped green chilli, salt, red and green chilli powder, coriander powder, and ginger and garlic.
- Cook this until the raw ginger-garlic scent has vanished. Attempt to cook it a little bit dry; don't use water.
- Add this cooked masala to a dish of raw minced chicken, season with salt, and thoroughly mash.
- Once thoroughly mashed, roll the mixture into medium-sized balls and set them aside.
- Make a semi-liquid batter with besan flour, coriander powder, red chilli powder, haldi, salt to taste, and water in a separate ball now.
- Then, cook the chicken balls till golden brown after thoroughly coating them with this batter.
- Slice the pav in half, put the dry garlic chutney and mint chutney, sandwich the vada between them, and serve.