Chicken Tikka Biryani : A Complete Aromatic, Flavourful And Juicy Meal
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 23, 2022 19:08 IST
I mean come-on… who doesn’t like biriyani?
It is quite a rare sight that parties and occasions in India are complete without biriyani. Of the things that Persians and the Middle East has blessed us with, Biryani and Kebabs probably top the list. So, we present before you the recipe of the famous chicken tikka biryani restaurant style which could be easily prepared in your homes.
1. 750 gms chicken
2. 1 spoon lemon juice
3. 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
4. 1 cup curd
5. 1 tsp tikka masala powder
6. ½ tsp chat masala
7. ¼ garam masala
8. 1 tablespoon coriander powder
9. 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
10. ½ tablespoon jeera powder
11. ¼ tablespoon red food colouring
13. Refined oil
14. 1 chopped onion
15. 2 chopped tomatoes
16. 750 gms Basmati Rice
17. 1 Black cardamom
18. 3 cardamoms
19. 4 cloves
20. 1 cinnamon stick
21. 7-8 black peppercorns
22. 1 bay leaf
23. 1 star soul
24. 5-6 mint leaves
25. Kewra essence
26. Coriander leaves
The Chicken Tikka
1. Grab the chicken pieces in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, ¼ cup curd and mix.
2. Now add tikka masala powder, chat masala powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, a pinch of red food colouring, salt.
3. Now, marinate the chicken properly and let it rest for an hour.
4. Meanwhile, take another pan and add chopped onion and tomatoes in the pan and let it soften. Take it out on a separate plate and let it cool down.
5. In a saucepan, heat around 3 tablespoons of oil and slowly and steadily place the chicken pieces inside. Fry them nicely. Keep the left-over masala aside.
6. It will take around 10 minutes to fry. Flip the other side.
7. Grind the onion tomato paste in a mixer and keep it aside.
8. After the chicken pieces are fried, take them out and in the same oil add ginger garlic paste. Add the onion tomato puree. Now, add the spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, tikka masala powder, jeera powder, garam masala, food colouring and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add a little oil to the masala. Cook for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup of curd and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add water if you want.
10. Now, here is the catch. Arrange the chicken pieces on a plate. Keep a bowl in the middle of it. Burn a piece of coal and keep it inside the bowl. Now pour a spoon of ghee on the coal and quickly cover the entire plate. This is going to give that smoky tandoori flavour to the chicken.
11. Now, place the chicken pieces with the gravy and cook for 5 minutes.
1. Soak the rice for around ½ an hour.
2. Boil water; add cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon stick, cloves, a bay leaf, mint leaves and a star anise in the water. Now, add rice to the water and wait until it is perfectly cooked.
3. Strain the rice and keep it aside.
1. Take a big pot and add a layer of the rice to it.
2. Place some pieces of chicken along with the gravy on top of it. Place some mint and coriander leaves on top.
3. Repeat the same with another layer with chicken pieces on top.
4. Now, cover the pot with foil paper and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
5. And Enjoy !