Chicken Mayo Sandwich: Deliciously Creamy And Flavoursome
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 29, 2022 17:08 IST
This sandwich can be easily prepared at home
Sandwiches are one of the quickest and easiest breakfast or snack recipes. It hardly takes five minutes to prepare a sandwich. It is said that something which can be made quickly is definitely not healthy, but a sandwich is that dish which could be turned healthy as per people’s liking by adding lots of healthy vegetables or even basic chopped avocados, olives and drops of healthy essential oil. Sandwiches could be found in varieties, starting from nukkad’s street-style sandwiches with lots of butter and cheese in it to Bombay Sandwiches, which are healthy and easy to make at home. Here bringing you a recipe of mayo sandwich stuffed with chicken which is heavenly delicious and juicy because of the tender meat and the creamy mayonnaise.
It is believed that the concept of wrapping vegetables or slices of meat inside flatbreads was started by ancient Jewish sage, Hillel the Elder who wrapped meat and bitter herbs in a soft matzah, a flat unleavened bread. The word sandwich is named after ‘John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich’. who was an 18th Century aristocrat. It is said that he was fond of this kind of food because it helped him to play his game of cards without the cards getting greasy with meat. Sandwiches became popular overnight in Spain and England during the nineteenth century and in the early 20th Century, when breads became staple in America, sandwiches became a trend.
Sandwiches are quick, easy, and convenient. The seasonings in the fillings of meat or vegetables add flavours and enhance the taste. It could be prepared for breakfast or could be packed in tiffin boxes for the kids. Chicken Mayo Sandwich is loved by children because of the saucy, creamy mayonnaise in it.
Here’s the recipe for Chicken Mayo Sandwich.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 250 gms chicken (boneless)
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 6 bread slices
- Tomato ketchup
- Mustard sauce
- Lettuce leaves (chopped)
For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cream
- Black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp garlic paste
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic paste to it.
- Mix it and add boneless chicken, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Mix the spices and chicken. Cover it and let it cook for around 10 minutes.
- Now, take mayonnaise in a bowl, and add cream, black pepper powder, and garlic paste to it.
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now, shred the chicken pieces, and add it to the dressing and mix it.
- Take bread slices, and cut off its edges.
- Apply butter, tomato ketchup, and mustard sauce to these bread slices.
- Then, add the dressing, along with chopped lettuce leaves.
- Cover the filled bread slice with another bread slice.
- Cut it and serve.