Children's Day Recipe: Cheese Nuggets With Mayo Harissa Sauce By Chef Hitaishi Thakkar
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Children's Day: Relish the child within you with these easy cheese nuggets recipe and mayo harissa sauce.
As we observe Children's Day on 14th November, don't you think it is the perfect occasion to pamper your kids? One of the easiest ways to make their day special and bring a smile to their faces is to treat them to delicacies that they love. It is a day of celebration, so why not whip up something they can indulge in with a healthy twist. Cooking for them at home is always a hearty and more nourishing option as you get a chance to provide a personalized touch to their favourite food and ensure that the quality of the ingredients that goes into the preparation is equally healthy.
There are so many recipes to choose from when it comes to selecting the suitable dish for your little one, but the key is to keep it simple. For example, cheese nuggets with mayo harissa sauce are extensively loved by children. These scrumptious and mouth-watering snacks are easy to digest and a good source of protein as well.
Chef Hitaishi Thakkar collaborates with Godrej Vikhroli Cucina to share the recipe for cheese nuggets with mayo harissa sauce.
- Bell peppers (red, yellow, green) – ½ each Salt to taste
- Chilli Flakes
- Cheese - 1 Cup
- Potatoes (mashed)
- Mixed herbs to taste
- Italian seasoning
- Corn Starch - 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Godrej Rice bran Oil for frying
- Water - 2 cups
- Whole Red Chillies - 15
- Shahi Jeera - ½ tsp
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves
- Salt - as per taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coriander fresh - 1 tbsp
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise - to make a dressing out
- Finely chop the bell peppers, grate cheese, boil and mash the potatoes.
- In a bowl, take grated cheese, mashed potatoes chopped bell peppers. Add in salt, white pepper powder, Italian seasoning, mixed herbs, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Then add corn starch and makes everything properly. Make equal sized balls out of it. In a bowl, take cornstarch and maida in equal portions. Add water and make a slurry. Dip these roles in the slurry and coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Keep this and refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. For harissa dip heat, a saucepan with water, add Red chillies and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer for five more minutes.
- Allow it to cool down naturally. Then, remove the stems of the Red chillies, and you can also remove the seeds.
- Add the cooled chillies, Shahi jeera, garlic, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped coriander, and water in a blender jar. Make a paste. Add in mayonnaise and mix well. Deep Fry the refrigerated nuggets
- Serve hot with harissa sauce.