Celebrate Holi With These Colourful Dessert Recipes
- Ayandrali Dutta
Updated : March 17, 2022 14:03 IST
Let's make things easy by saying goodbye to the elaborate cooking this Holi and instead use our microwave and refrigerator to make a feast.
It is the most colourful time of the year yet again. Holi, the "Celebration of Love," the "Festival of Colors," and the "Festival of Spring," is a renowned ancient Hindu festival. It is indeed a new beginning for many of us as we gradually move towards our normal lives. To make the most of the celebration this year, families can gather together to prepare some festive and colourful meals that will help to uplift the Holi spirit. With the vigour of celebration, we don’t have to necessarily compromise on the health quotient by consuming large portions of sweetmeats and deserts. Let's make things easy by saying goodbye to the elaborate cooking this Holi and instead use our microwave and refrigerator to make a feast. Here are a few dishes that you may make at home with your family or your loved ones.
Gajar Ka Halwa
• 1 kg carrots - grated
• 1 can condensed milk
• 1 tsp green cardamom - powdered
• 5-6 almonds - blanched and shredded
• 8-10 raisins
• 2 TBSP ghee
• 1200 W Microwave
1. Place the carrots and condensed milk in a dish, mix well
2. Cover the dish and cook in the Voltas Beko microwave oven on a high temp for 5 minutes
3. Stir once that done.
4. While covered, cook 50 per cent for 10 minutes, stir in intervals.
5. Continue stirring at two minutes intervals, till the carrots become slightly glossy and the moisture has disappeared.
6. Add the cardamom and ghee and half the almonds and raisins, and cook at High temperature for a minute.
7. A cover the dish and serve it while its hot!
• 1 1/2 Cups Flour
• 1/4 cup Milk
• 1 tsp Vinegar
• 1 cup Butter
• 1/2 cup Sugar, powdered
• 1 tsp Vanilla essence
1) Mix flour, milk, vinegar, butter, sugar and vanilla together.
2) Now, stir and mix the flour and combine all these ingredient to make a smooth dough.
3) Once combine, start rolling the dough into small similar size balls and flatten with a fork.
4) To prepare, place six at a time on a baking tray or lightly greased and lined with butter paper
5) Cook at 100 per cent for 11/2 - 21/4 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.
6) Repeat with the remaining dough.
7) Lastly, switch on the grill mode as per the Voltas Beko microwave oven’s manual.
• 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl.
2. Microwave it on medium temperature until chips are melted for about 3-5 minutes
3. Stir with nuts once or twice during cooking.
4. Line a baking dish. Pour the batter into the well-greased dish.
5. Refrigerate in the Voltas Beko refrigerator with StoreFresh™ technology, until set.