Tired of eating boring salads? Give this creamy and healthy cauliflower soup a shot
- Nikita Bhardwaj
Updated : April 19, 2021 18:04 IST
If you aren’t losing weight, then blame it on your diet. If you are genuinely serious about losing those extra kilos, it’s time to try out this healthy and creamy cauliflower soup. Trust us, it's worth it.
Let’s face it — cauliflower isn’t the most-loved vegetable. Well, that’s because you only eat aloo gobhi and do not experiment more with this humble yet healthy veggie. But how about trying it in different styles, so that you don’t hate it in any way?
So this time, no gobhi ki sabzi or gobhi manchurian, we are going to make a creamy and scrumptious cauliflower soup.
So, let’s begin.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 250 gms cauliflower
- One chopped onion
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Rock salt, as per taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml toned milk
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 grams roasted peanuts (to add that crunch)
Follow these steps to make a bowl of cauliflower soup
Step 1: Take a pan and put it on medium flame. Once hot, add olive oil to it. Once the oil is warm, add bay leaf.
Step 2: After a minute, add onions and chopped garlic. Sauté them nicely. Now, add thyme.
Step 3: Now, add cauliflower florets in the pan, toss them up, and simmer the flame.
Step 4: After two minutes, switch off the stove, and remove the bay leaf and thyme springs from this mix. Put the rest of the mix in a blender, add salt and black pepper and blend the mix into a fine paste.
Step 5: Now take this mix out in the pan. Add some milk and peanuts and stir the mix, until it’s a little dense.
Step 6: Once the density of the soup is right, take it out in a bowl. Sprinkle some olive oil on top. Grate some cauliflower florets and enjoy a bowl of this nourishing soup.
Here’s why cauliflower soup is the perfect way to keep the hunger blues at bay
Cauliflower soup is the perfect comfort food. Its taste and nutrients make it a perfect fit, if you want to lose weight without compromising on taste. If you talk about the nutritional value of cauliflower, then it is packed with:
- Fibre – Great for digestion
- Vitamin C – Helps in boosting immunity
- Vitamin K – Improves metabolism
- Vitamin B5 – Helps in regeneration of blood cells
- Vitamin B6 – Helps in oxygenation of blood
- Folates – Helps in improving hemoglobin levels in your body
- Potassium – Helps in stimulating electrolyte levels in your body
- Magnesium – Helps in supporting the immune system
- Manganese – Helps in managing inflammation
- Phosphorus – Helps in better bone density
Also, there are other benefits too:
1. As it is a great source of antioxidants, it is great for your skin, eyes, and hair too.
2. It is amazingly low in calories, so if you are thinking about losing weight, you must include this soup in your daily diet. Plus, the fibre and other nutrients help in kicking off your metabolism.
3. Cauliflower is one of the richest sources of sulforaphane. According to a study published in the journal Recent Patent on Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Drug Discovery, sulforaphane provides great protection from cancer.
So ladies, it’s high time you introduce this humble veggie to your dining table and enjoy its benefits.