Butter Chicken Paratha: A Mouth-Watering Breakfast Recipe To Start Your Day With
- Team Slurrp
Updated : August 22, 2022 13:08 IST
This paratha stuffed with minced chicken is definitely going to make your day.
Parathas are flatbread which are one of the most popular and famous breakfast dishes in the Northern parts of our country. Whether you go to a nukkad or a street food reddy, you will definitely be able to spot a paratha point nearby, selling some delicious varieties with parathas loaded with ghee or butter. Even our morning breakfast table welcomes us with delicious and tasty parathas. Sundays are meant to be called ‘ Aaloo Paratha Day’ in the North Indian houses especially in the Sikh Community.
Apart from the taste, this dish is perfectly packed with energy and serves as a whole combo of carbohydrates from the wheat flour and essential nutrients from the vegetables or meat stuffed inside it. The stuffing could either be of vegetables or meat. There are are varieties of paratha starting from the basic aaloo paratha, mix veg paratha, paneer paratha, winter special, ‘gobhi paratha’, mutton keema paratha, egg paratha, chicken paratha and what not. There is one different version of parathas found especially in the states of Bihar and U.P called ‘Sattu Paratha’, stuffed with roasted gram flour along with the basic spices. Here sharing the recipe of ‘Chicken Paratha’ loaded with butter to fulfil both the stomach and soul.
Origination Of Paratha And Its History
Parathas are believed to have originated from the Peshawars and became a native to the Indian subcontinent. It is a mixture of two words, ‘parat’ and ‘atta’, which means layered of cooked dough. It is called with different names in the different regions. Parathas are majorly associated with Pastun, Punjab and North Indian cooking. The Punjabis are fond of stuffed parathas. Whereas the ‘Dhakai Paratha’, originated from Dhaka are meant to have many layers and are flaky.
1. 1 Tbsp Oil
2. 1 Tbsp Butter
3. 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
4. 1 tsp Crushed Green Chillies
5. 1/4 Cup Tomato Puree
6. 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
7. 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
8. 250 grams minced Chicken / Chicken Keema
9. Salt as per taste
10. 2 Tbsp Full Fat Cream
11. A fistful Kasoori Methi and Coriander Leaves
12. 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
13. Wheat Flour to make Parathas
Method Of Preparation:
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon of butter together in a pan / wok
2. Add ginger and garlic paste and crushed chillies and roast it together for a minute or two
3. Add the tomato puree and cook for about 3-4 minutes till the raw smell goes off
4. Add garam masala powder and red chilli powder, cook them for about a minute till the oil releases from the sides
5. Add the chicken keema and mix it together with the masala
6. Add salt, stir it and let the keema cook well
7. Now cover the pan lid and let it cook on a medium flame for about five minutes
8. Add kasuri methi and coriander leaves,mix it well
9. Now add turn off the flame and add lemon juice
10. The chicken keema masala is ready to be stuffed
11. Pull out a ball size peda from the wheat dough and and holding the centre with the palm, press on the sides to create a hollow space for stuffing
12. Grease the hollow centre with butter
13. Now add the chicken masala in the centre and cover the stuffing from the sides.
14. Now gently roll the stuffed dough with a rolling pin (take care that the stuffing does not come out of the dough)
15. Now heat a pan and grease it with oil
16. Place paratha on the pan top and cook for half a minute
17. Turn the paratha and add oil from the sides
18. Cook it well from both the sides
19. The golden, crispy parathas are ready to be served
20. These crispy and super tasty parathas greased with butter are there to make your day.