Buffalo chicken soup is a rich, creamy, and deliciously cheesy soup that can be prepared within 30 minutes or less on most days. And even the most inexperienced chefs or home cooks cannot go wrong with this simple recipe after a long day of work
Are you a fan of buffalo chicken wings? If so, you'll like this mouthwatering buffalo chicken soup too. It is so creamy and tasty, but that is not all. The thick consistency and spicy flavours will tingle your tastebuds and hit all the right spots for warmth and comfort. It is a one-pot dish that goes well for supper on a weeknight as it doesn't require hours of arduous labour in the kitchen. It has all the flavour and spices of conventional buffalo wings and is far less messy to eat too.
With the addition of buffalo sauce, which is a mixture of hot sauce or cayenne pepper sauce, melted butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, this wholesome soup is a total flavour bomb. Buffalo chicken soup is a rich, creamy, and deliciously cheesy soup that can be prepared within 30 minutes or less on most days. And even the most inexperienced chefs or home cooks cannot go wrong with this simple recipe after a long day of work!
So, if you are prepared to make a memorable bowl of soup that will undoubtedly become a household favourite, here is just the recipe for you:
• 2 cups chicken (shredded and cooked)
• ¼ cup buffalo sauce
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 950 ml of chicken broth
• Black pepper to taste
• Salt to taste
• 2 peeled large carrots
• 2 minced cloves of garlic
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 3 chopped celery stalks
• Half of one chopped onion
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 225 g full-fat cream cheese
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• Warm up a large pot over medium heat. When the pot is warm, add the olive oil and butter and allow the butter to melt completely.
• Once the butter is melted, add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic to the pot. Stir to combine, then cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the all-purpose flour until well combined.
• Combine the chicken broth, buffalo sauce, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir well, then cook for 5 minutes, or until the soup thickens.
• Remove the pot from the heat. Combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar in a mixing bowl. Return the pot to the heat and stir until the cheese begins to melt. Continue to simmer the soup for a further five minutes, stirring it occasionally, or until the cream cheese has melted and been incorporated.
The best way to serve buffalo chicken soup is to ladle it into a bowl and top it with your favourite garnishes, such as shredded cheese, crumbled chicken or meat pieces, or sliced green onions. Serve it alongside a slice of crusty bread or some crackers to soak up the delicious broth, or use it as a dip for vegetables or breadsticks. For a complete meal, pair it with a fresh and light salad to balance out the richness of the soup. This versatile soup can be enjoyed in many ways, making it the perfect comfort food for any occasion.