Bruschetta Fried Egg Avocado Toast: Simple Healthy Protein-Packed Breakfast
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 23, 2022 13:09 IST
Simple to make, tasty to eat, and satisfying to the soul
What to make for breakfast on a weekday morning may appear to be a million dollar question, especially when you're running late for work and cooking an elaborate meal appears to be an impossible effort. If this is something that you experience as well, we have a quick, simple, and healthy recipe that you can prepare in a short period of time with no effort. Yes, we've put together a simple recipe for Italian Avocado Egg Bruschetta that you can whip up in a matter of minutes, enjoy with a steaming mug of coffee or tea, and give your mornings a tasty twist.
Avocado is a very versatile ingredient that is used in many different cuisines around the globe. Avocado could easily take center stage at any meal, whether it be for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They are a fantastic source of vitamins C, K, E, and B-6 in addition to riboflavin, folate, niacin, pantothenic acid, potassium, and magnesium. They also offer omega-3 fatty acids, beta-carotene, and lutein. Therefore, there is no question that they are beneficial to health as well.
Folklore of Avocado
According to researchers, Puebla, in South Central Mexico, is the place where the avocado originally grew and where inhabitants first started eating it around 10,000 years ago. The domestication of the avocado tree (Persea americana) is said to have begun by Mesoamerican tribes 5,000 years ago, making avocado farming as old as the development of the wheel.
The survival of the avocado before it was domesticated is believed to have depended on the capacity of now-extinct large mammals to withstand the fruit's somewhat deadly pit after swallowing the huge berry whole. Theoretically, by the time the seed was expelled, it was ready to grow.
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced, plus additional for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole grain bread or bread of your choice, toasted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
Instructions to make Bruschetta Fried Egg Avocado Toast
- Combine the basil, red onion, tomato, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl
- Set aside after mixing everything together
- Now,Toast the 2 slices of bread
- Remove the pit by cutting the avocado open. Scoop and mash with a fork into a medium basin
- Add the garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well
- Over medium-high heat, add the canola oil to a nonstick skillet
- Add the eggs, then cook them for two to three minutes, gently spooning oil over the tops of them to set the yolks
- Distribute the mashed avocado equally among the two slices of bread
- The toast should be covered with an equal amount of tomato marinade
- Add a fried egg to the top of each
Sprinkle with more fresh basil and red onion and serve with a piping hot cup of tea or coffee to bring a tasty touch to your mornings.