Bored Of Your Regular Omlette? Here Are 3 Unique Recipes To Try
- Nikita Toppo
Updated : August 29, 2022 13:08 IST
One of the most popular egg dishes that is commonly eaten for breakfast, omelette can be prepared in several ways
Eggs are versatile, they can fit into all meals, be it breakfast or dinner or lunch. Along with being delicious,they are super-healthy too. From egg curry to omelette, egg can always be a solution to your cravings. Apart from being cooked as a dish, egg also adds flavour and colour to cakes and custard. These eggs also helps in binding ingredients together in dishes like hamburgers, fritters and meatballs.
They are rich in nutrients such as protein, selenium, phosphorus, choline, vitamin D & B12 and multiple antioxidants. Health benefits of eggs include increasing high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levelm commonly known as good cholesterol that further reduces the risk of heart disease. They are low in calories and dense in protein which can help with weight management. Being rich in antioxidants also makes it beneficial for eye-sight.
If you are bored of your regular omelette, here are three unique recipes to improvise it:
1. Bacon, Swiss and Kale Omelette
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup fresh kale (thinly sliced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tsp cheese
- Cook bacon in a non-stick pan until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and chop.
- Add kale in the same pan and cook over medium heat for one minute and then remove and keep it aside.
- Whisk eggs with salt and black pepper.
- Then add butter in a pan over medium heat and pour in eggs and cook for about two minutes.
- Arrange bacon, kale and cheese on one half of omelette and carefully fold over.
- Reduce heat to low and cook an additional two minutes.
And your omelette is ready to serve.
2. Tuna Melt Omelette
- 30 gm tuna
- 3 tsp mayonnaise
- 3 tsp onion paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 slices cheese
- Combine tuna with mayonnaise, onion and salt.
- Whisk eggs and season with pepper.
- Put half tsp of butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat and add half the eggs and cook for about two minutes.
- Place two slices of cheese side by side on one half of the cooking eggs and half of the tuna on top of the cheese.
- Flip the plain half of your omelette over half with the cheese and tuna and cook for one minute and tuna melt omelette is ready.
3. Pesto And Roasted Tomato Omelette
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- 1 tsp pesto
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Add half tsp oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Add in tomatoes and roast for minutes then keep it aside.
- Put the remaining half tsp oil in the same pan and pour egg whites into it.
- Cook for three minutes.
- Spread pesto on one half of egg. And top with tomatoes.
- Loosen edges of side with no toppings and carefully fold over to cover the toppings.
And it’s ready to serve.