Salads are rich in antioxidants, protein and high in fibre, carbs. Moreover, black beans are some of the healthiest legumes, rich in nutritional value and healthy fats. This black bean salad is a wholesome one-time meal in itself that leaves you feeling fully satisfied, at the same time being a summer essential. Here is the recipe by Senior Executive Chef Vivek Tamhane, BLVD Club—Bangalore.
Black Bean Salad With Mango Pineapple Salsa, Chipotle-Honey-Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
This is a perfect summer salad loaded with Vitamin C that includes greens, orange, and lemon. The bitterness of beans adds its flavour and the healthy corn, a rich source of protein and starch. The spicy mango pineapple salsa gives it a perfect summer touch.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 -20 mins
- Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
- ½ bunch iceberg lettuce (or your choice of lettuce)
- 25 gm Black bean (soaked overnight)
- 50 gm fresh American corn
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 Tbs chilli flake
- 1Tbs lemon juice
- 50 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tbs black pepper crushed
- 3-5 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs Ginger juice
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Wash the black beans thoroughly and soak them overnight.
- The next day, in a vessel, add water and a pinch of salt. Boil the black beans for about 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile, slice onion, tomato, mango, and pineapple into pieces in a bowl. Add chilli flakes, lemon juice, ginger juice, salt to make salsa; keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix fresh orange juice, honey, black pepper crushed, olive oil, white wine vinegar, chipotle chilli and salt to make a Chipotle honey orange dressing. Keep it chilled.
- Before serving in a bowl, add mango pineapple salsa, cooked black bean and corn, chipotle, orange, honey dressing, gently mix it all.
- On a bed of lettuce, put this chilled salad and serve.