Guavas can boost fertility. Eat it raw or try this chutney and chaat
- Team Health Shots
Updated : November 20, 2021 14:11 IST
Guavas offer not just taste, but oodles of benefits. But did you know that it can also boost fertility? Come, find out more.
Guavas are not called the ‘queen of fruits’ for nothing. This tasty, sweet and sour fruit is packed with goodness galore. From boosting immunity to destressing, fighting diabetes to promoting weight loss, the benefits of guavas are plenty. But let us tell you something you may not know about. This superfood can also work wonders in improving your fertility.
Harpreet Kaur, Nutritionist, Cloudnine Group of Hospitals, Panchkula, tells HealthShots, “Guava helps to boost fertility. Taking guavas can help boost ovulation and fertility in women and increase your chance of getting pregnant. Guava fruit is most often eaten as a snack and the leaves are commonly boiled into an herbal tea, which can be consumed once or twice a week.”
Here are some other benefits of guavas:
- It helps in boosting the immune system. It is one of the richest sources of Vitamin-C in nature.
- Excellent remedy for morning sickness if eaten in the morning.
- It has high fibre and water content, and helps in reducing dehydration.
- Eating guavas during pregnancy also helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- Guava leaf extracts may have a positive effect on a range of illnesses and symptoms including diarrhea, diabetes and indigestion.
- It has a low glycemic index, so it helps in controlling gestational diabetes.
People typically eat guavas in raw form. And what bliss it is to consume it with a little black salt while soaking in the winter sun. But if you like to experiment a little and use it to cook yummy delights, here you go.
Interesting recipes using guavas
1. Guava chutney:
This chutney is best suited for women who are expecting, pregnant or even lactating.
2-3 medium sized guavas
½ cup fresh mint leaves
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
1 inch ginger
½ cup green garlic
Green chillies (as per your taste)
½ teaspoon black salt
½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
2 teaspoon lemon juice
How to make guava chutney:
- Remove the seeds of guavas and cut them into small pieces
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend to make a smooth chutney
- You can add a dash of water if needed.
- Enjoy your healthy chutney with your meals.
2. Guava chaat
This healthy snack is a perfect delight for kids. It is yummy and healthy!
6 peeled and cut guavas
1/2 kg boiled, peeled and cut potatoes
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Finely chopped green chillies
3 spring onions cut with the leaves
3/4 cup fresh finely chopped coriander
1 teaspoon mint leaves
How to make chaat using guavas:
Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl and add lime juice and coriander leaves for garnishing.