Beat The Heat With Homemade Coconut Turmeric Kombucha
- Team Slurrp
Updated : July 04, 2022 16:07 IST
A splash of this refreshing beverage is never a bad idea
Kombucha is just right for the warm weather. It is a flavourful sparkling drink right out of the refrigerator and poured over a tower of ice in a big glass. And what can be better than a Turmeric Kombucha tipped with coconut ice cream made at Home. Ayurveda declares Turmeric as the cure of everything. It has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties.
Turmeric charges the potential of a kombucha and makes it further healthier. The bitterness of the turmeric mellows out the tangy kombucha taste, creating perfect fizz. It is a successful concoction of turmeric and kombucha and has an amazing taste that gets revealed in layers. It is a drink as beautiful as gold. It is the healthiest drink that detoxifies our bodies and purifies our blood.
Nothing can be a better drink than this Coconut Turmeric Kombucha. It is a thumbs-up nutritional-healthy drink, effortless to make, though fermented but completely harmless. Kombucha is a drink generally produced by fermenting sweet tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria. The sweet beverage is a versatile ingredient as well. The experiments to create new kombucha flavours has become a habit of local ventures and the sales are flourishing with time. It is now served in a variety of flavours – lemon-ginger, peach pie, blueberry, strawberry, pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, etc. Kombucha is definitely a labour of love.
An effervescent and mildly alcoholic beverage originated long years back in 220 BCE in China during the Tsin Dynasty. It travelled to Japan with a Korean-physician, Kombu and cha meaning tea. Ever since then, the drink has found its name as Kombucha. In India, the Kombucha hit the shores of Goa and became very much popular in Mumbai while treating arthritis patients. It was treated as the elixir of life. Despite being an alcoholic drink, Kombucha has many health benefits – helps in digestion, gets rid of body toxins, and boosts energy. Besides these, it also assists in losing weight, warding off high blood pressure and heart disease and prevents cancer. Here’s the recipe for Coconut Turmeric Kombucha.
For the coconut ice cream:
• 1 14-ounce sweetened condensed coconut milk
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 containers of coconut whipped cream
For the turmeric kombucha:
• 1 16-ounce container turmeric kombucha
• 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
For the coconut ice cream:
• In a medium bowl, mix the sweetened condensed coconut milk, coconut milk, vanilla bean, vanilla extract and salt. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, fold coconut whip into the sweetened condensed milk, being careful to not break the cream.
• Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 8 to 24 hours.
For the floats:
• In a medium glass, scoop 2 hearty scoops of coconut ice cream.
• Slowly pour turmeric kombucha over ice cream. Repeat. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve. Enjoy.