Apart from being absolutely healthy, this One-Pan Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine is also a hassle-free dinner idea. Brimming with the flavour of chicken, balsamic vinegar and vegetables, this easy-peasy dinner recipe is bound to fight those midweek blues away. Just give the dish a try!
Everyone needs dinner in the middle of the week to be hassle-free, and almost everyone today also needs it to be healthy. If slaving over the stove is not the way you want to spend Tuesday or Wednesday nights after work, then this Balsamic Chicken Fettucine is your friend in need. And what a friend it is too!
The basic flavours of this dish are derived from balsamic vinegar, which is always earthy and intense, chicken and vegetables. Not only does this dish not call for heavy spices or butter, but also lets you prepare the entire dinner in one, single pan. So, not only do you have less work to do while cooking up the dish, but also less cleaning up to do later. Because it is packed with veggies like carrots, broccoli, zucchini and onions, this Balsamic Chicken Fettuccine is a complete meal in itself—so no need for a side salad to get your dose of healthy veggies!
While this recipe calls for Fettuccine, which is a broad, flat and thin pasta, you can also use other pasta varieties like Penne and Conchiglie. These pasta varieties are more preferable for this dish than others like Spaghetti and Fusilli because they tend to hold more of the balsamic sauce, making every bite of the dish count. This recipe is easy, healthy and lip-smackingly delicious—what more could you ask for on a weeknight? Here’s the recipe you need to fight those midweek blues away.
100 g chicken, boneless cubes
50 g fettuccine pasta
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot, roughly chopped
1 zucchini, roughly chopped
1 broccoli, roughly chopped
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp almond milk
2 cups chicken broth
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add the garlic and onions.
3. Mix well and saute for two minutes, then add the chicken, carrots and broccoli.
4. Continue stirring the pan until the chicken and onions start turning brown, then add the zucchini.
5. Add salt and black pepper as per your taste and cook for another two minutes.
6. Now, add the balsamic vinegar, stir fry, then add the chicken broth.
7. Once the broth comes to a boil, add the fettucine and let the pasta cook.
8. Cook the pasta until it turns al dente. By then the veggies and chicken would be cooked too.
9. Now, add a dash of the almond milk and let the pasta dry out.
10. Once the dish is dry and yet silky, sprinkle the oregano and coriander leaves on top and enjoy.