Baked Spinach Chicken Meatballs: Tried These Bite-Sized Treats?
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 13, 2022 16:09 IST
Loaded with cheese and spinach, these meatballs are irresistibly yummy
Baked chicken meatballs with spinach and parmesan is a classic dinner recipe that is loved by everyone. Prepared with simple ingredients, the flavours of this dish will make you lick your fingers. Prepare these quick and easy meatballs in just 30 minutes at home. It is a perfect starter for dinner or can be added to pasta, rice, salads or any other dish as per your choice. You can simply serve this dish with mint sauce or any other sauce. Every bite is delicious perfection.
Meatballs are also loved by kids as they are filled with cheese and oregano. The dish can also be served as a Sunday brunch. This dairy-free recipe can also be prepared in advance and then kept in a refrigerator until used. Check out how to prepare these Meat Balls at home quickly.
Here’s the recipe for Baked Spinach Chicken Meatballs.
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large Egg
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 1 slice of whole-wheat bread (toasted and crumbled)
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take a bowl and then add ground chicken, egg, parmesan cheese, and spices to it. Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Next, include the breadcrumbs and chopped spinach and mix again.
- In this step, pour the oil into the bottom of a baking dish and spread it across the dish. Ensure that it covers the edges.
- Now, roll the batter into approximately 18-20 meatballs.
- Once rolled, place these balls in the oiled baking dish one by one.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake it for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the balls from the oven.
- Next, flip the meatballs and then add the pasta sauce.
- Ensure that each ball is coated properly.
- Now, bake the balls for another 10 minutes, until they are properly cooked.
- Finally, transfer these meatballs to a plate and serve along with a dip.
Points to remember:
- You can also make these balls in advance and refrigerate them to use later.
- Put them in an airtight container while refrigerating them.
- You can use a microwave to reheat them or let them thaw in the fridge a night before using them. Then, reheat these balls in a microwave or oven.
- You can also make these balls without using an egg.
- You can fry or bake these balls as per your choice.
- Include chilli flakes if you want to make them a bit spicier.
- Instead of whole wheat bread you can use any other bread, as per your choice.