Potatoes Garlic Parmesan: A Yummy Meal Is Awaiting For You
- Pragya Jha
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
To enjoy a yummy meal with your family, make this buttery dish at home.
This is an oven-baked potato recipe with an addition of garlic. You can enjoy them as a snack or a convenient breakfast. You can buy fresh Italian parmesan cheese or use frozen cheese for this recipe.
To make potato garlic parmesan, follow the below directions.
- 1 kg golden potatoes ( medium-sized )
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 3 tablespoons butter ( unsalted )
- 4 cloves garlic ( minced )
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese ( grated )
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley ( chopped )
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- In a large bowl, put the potatoes in salted water.
- Take a pan and bring it to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 30-35 minutes covering them. Boil them until the potatoes are soft. Drain well and let it rest.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with a tablespoon of oil or a cooking spray. On a baking sheet, place the boiled potatoes. Use a potato masher and mash potatoes to make small pieces. Do not mash the potatoes too hard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, parmesan and Italian seasoning or oregano. Pour the mixture evenly over each smashed potato. ( if you want a light flavour of garlic, add less garlic ).
- Place the tray with the potatoes in the oven and bake the potatoes until golden brown and crispy. It will not take more than 10 to 15 minutes to cook.
- Serve mashed potatoes with grated parmesan and butter.
- Garnish it with fresh chopped parsley.
Store the potatoes garlic parmesan in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Heat again in the oven before eating.