Baked Potato Salad: Creamy, Delectable and Juicy
- Team Slurrp
Updated : September 05, 2022 15:09 IST
This fresh potato recipe is your next healthy snack
Potatoes sound interesting to no one, right? To break, this myth, here presenting you a recipe which has all the perfect tastes and flavours attached to it. This is a different version of cajun potatoes which is creamy, saucy and smokey. Potato salad is a salad dish made from boiled potatoes, usually containing a dressing and a variety of other ingredients such as boiled eggs and raw vegetables. In the United States, it is generally considered a side dish and usually accompanies the main course. An appropriate proportion of all the spices makes it a perfect recipe to be consumed. Potatoes can be baked in a conventional gas or electric oven, a convection oven, a microwave oven, on a barbecue grill, or on an open fire.
Who Thought Potatoes Could Help In Weight Loss?
Potatoes have always been considered a villain in a person’s weight loss journey, but is that really true? In a study, published in the journal of ‘The American College Of Nutrition, it was found that potatoes have no wrong effect if consumed in the diet during the weight loss journey. If the preparation includes healthy techniques and good ingredients, it could actually be an ideal ingredient for weight loss. Potatoes, either white or sweet potatoes both are rich in nutritional value which actually adds to one’s fit and healthy journey. They contain Vitamin C, which is necessary in immunity building. They are a rich source of fibre, protein and healthy carbohydrates. Boiling or baking potatoes, along with healthy fats like olive oil, may be the way to go, if you're trying to lose weight. This baked potato salad recipe is helpful if one is thinking of adding potatoes in their diet during weight loss.
- Large pot with salted water
- 8 medium Russet potatoes peeled and cut Into cubes
- 1 cup Sour Cream (more if needed)
- 2 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup packed diced Onions
- 12 slices of Bacon fried crispy and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups mild or medium shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 chopped Green Onion
Method Of Preparation
- Take a big mixing bowl and add potato cubes (the potatoes should not be warm)
- To it, add one cup of sour cream and half cup of mayonnaise
- Add onions, grated cheddar cheese and mix gently (do not let potatoes break)
- Now add crispy fried bacon and mix gently again
- Transfer the potato mixture into a microwave safe container and spread it all over the container evenly
- Now put cheese all over the mixture and cover it
- Sprinkle the fried bacon, green onions and dried chives
- Now microwave it for 2-3 minutes
- The baked potato salad is ready to be served
This baked potato recipe looks super delicious and colourful. This recipe is easy to make, is convenient and fills the stomach. The sour cream adds creaminess to the dish making it appetizing.