Ace The Art Of Making A Root Beer At Home
- Ritisha Garg
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Try out a soft drink popularly known as 'Root beer' and indulge in the aromatic deliciousness.
Root beer is a soft drink that boasts a very sweet, foamy, and herbal flavor. It is extremely popular in North America. In the past, root beer was known for its key ingredient, sassafras that offers the bubbly texture and foamy appearance on the top of the drink. Unfortunately, sassafras is now banned in the United States because of the presence of poisonous content in them. Ever since then, people from all around the world have started making this drink with a unique style and different ingredients. Whatever recipe one might be following, this drink never fails to impress. Its aromatic flavors can mesmerize anyone. You can always substitute sassafras with vanilla ice cream for a foamy head on top in order to make this one look like the original root beer which would help in giving it an eye-catching resemblance from one that is made in America. Feel free to add infusions of your own choice while making this drink!
Read on to find out the traditional method of making root beer in India.
- 2 cup water
- 1-2 ginger
- Half cup molasses
- Mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- Licorice root
- Brewing yeast
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- Take a big saucepan and add water for boiling. Add coriander, fennel and cumin seeds. Also, add all the herbs at this point and let everything boil together for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down for around 4-5 hours. Then, add molasses, brewing yeast into the mixture, and leave it for fermentation for at least 2 days.
- Strain the drink into a beer glass. Add vanilla ice cream for a foamy texture on top.
- Root beer is ready!
Brew your own root beer at home and enjoy drinking!