A ‘Nawabi’ Feast That Hits Home
- Sushmita Sengupta
Updated : September 04, 2022 15:09 IST
Nawabi Kababi’ is capital’s latest cloud kitchen for all kebab lovers, looking to dine like a kind in the comfort of their homes.
Delhi’s obsession with Mughlai food is no strange fiction. When the Mughal empire crumbled the chefs and cooks were left to fend for themselves, they set up shop in the open market areas of Old Delhi and a love affair was sealed. Now, it is next to imagine a typical feast in Delhi without your Galautis, kormas, kebabs, biryani and Rumali. Thankfully, there is no dearth of good restaurants and delivery kitchens offering the best ‘Nawabi’ experience. ‘Nawabi Kababi’ is capital’s latest cloud kitchen for all kebab lovers, looking to dine like a king in the comfort of their homes.
The Shahi Muton Galouti is tender and melts-in-your-mouth, leaving a subtle aftertaste of the special, aromatic spice blend, the Bharwan Khumb or the stuffed mushroom kebabs are perfectly smoky, charred and succulent. For a filler meal, you can also try their kebab rolls such as Gilafi Murgh Seekh Roll, Methi Malai Murgh Tikka roll. Both filling and Nawabi in their own right.
Moving on to the mains, the Moradabadi mutton biryani is fragrant amalgamation of orange-tinged, long-grain basmati rice, tender mutton and spices so special, you don’t want to leave an ounce of that biryani behind. The Awadhi chicken biryani is much milder but equally impressive in terms of flavour. Vegetarians should definitely not miss out the Paneer Butter Masala.
We also got the recipe of Mutton Galaouti Kebab for you from this epic place, try it soon and let us know.
- 1 kg minced mutton
- Salt to taste
- 20 gm ginger garlic paste
- 50 gm green papaya paste
- 80 gm brown onion paste
- 60 gm cashewnut paste
- 4 gm saffron
- 10 ml kewra water
- 10 ml rose water
- 5 gm rose petals
- 20 gm garam masala
- 15 gm kasoori methi
- 100 gm degi mirchi
- 15 gm fennel seeds
- 25 gm desi ghee
- 10 gm clove
- 10 gm cinnamon stick
- 25 gm black pepper
- 10 gm cumin powder
- 15 gm green cardamom powder
- Take a big bowl and mix the minced mutton, papaya paste, ghee, Degi mirch and salt in a bowl and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, add the rest of the ingredients - Brown onions, cashew-nut, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, fennel seeds, cloves, garam masala and black pepper powder, Green cardamom powder, Rose petals, cinnamon stick, Blend it well with little or no water.
- In the minced meat, add the blended paste, kewra water, rose water and saffron. Mix well for second time till until the meat has a smooth texture
- Transfer it in a container with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for 6 hours. This helps in the mutton absorbing all the flavours of the spices.
- Take out the mutton mixture from the fridge after 6 hours, and prepare kebabs and keep it ready on the plate.
- Heat a grilled iron pan with some Desi Ghee to coat the surface. Place the Kebabs and shallow fry on medium to low flame for about 10 min on each side of the Kebab. Fry the remaining kebabs too and serve hot with Ulta Tawa Parantha and Mint Sauce. Enjoy your delicious Nawabi Kababi’s Mutton Galouti Kabab!