A Must-Try Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe For Your Late-Night Cravings
- Aprajita Sharad
Updated : May 31, 2022 17:05 IST
The recipe that we are about to share with you for a delectable mid-night treat will be a game-changer
A mid night craving is something that almost everyone of us has faced, as soon as the clock strikes past twelve. As we dream of eating the cheesiest of pizzas and the slurpiest of pastas, to our dismay, all our favourite food outlets either shut or close delivery services so late at night. In search of a recipe that’s easy to make and tastes delicious, we find ourselves going through our tempting Instagram feeds. Rarely, do we come across something that we haven’t eaten before. Confronted by recipes that are too fusion friendly to be tasty or recipes that are way too complicated for an amateur chef, we fall back to sleep, often on a hungry tummy.
This is going to change now. The recipe that we are about to share with you for a delectable mid night treat is surely going to be a game changer. Part of this recipe, if prepared before hand and stocked, can help you whip up a quick fried sandwich within minutes. Therefore, it is our advise to you that you keep the ingredients ready and marinated in your fridge, before you hit the bed. This will save you time when hunger pangs strike as you would have all the ingredients at your disposal and the cooking process would be much more speedy. Better than eating Maggie noodles over and over again, would be giving this healthy recipe a try.
Try this recipe of a Fried Chicken Sandwich out by Chef Bryan:
- 4 chicken breasts, filleted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing powdered mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 tbsp season salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Hamburger buns
- Favorite Condiments
- In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk, ranch dressing powdered mix and eggs together until combined. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a large re-sealable bag, add the self-rising flour, cornstarch, crushed cornflakes, salt and black pepper, mix everything together to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and dredge in the cornflake/flour mixture and back into marinade and dredge again.
- Place the chicken on a cooling rack that has been seated inside a baking dish for about 10-15 minutes before frying.
- Fry the chicken for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken and place on a clean cooling rack that has been seated down in a baking dish to drain off excess oil.
- For the assembly of the chicken sandwich, you can really use any of your favorite toppings from coleslaw to tomatoes.