5 mango recipes to satiate the ‘aam lover’ in you!
- Dimpy Khurana
Updated : June 08, 2022 12:06 IST
Mangoes have umpteen benefits for your overall health, so try out these fun mango recipes and enjoy the flavorsome fruit this season.
Mango or ‘aam’ as we call it with love, is undoubtedly the ‘king of fruits’. It is not only famous across the globe for its vivid colour and tangy and sweet taste, but it is one of the important fruits in Ayurveda and native medicine. Since it is a good source of Vitamin A, B and C, potassium, magnesium and antioxidants, eating mangoes helps to lower the risk of many diseases.
Here are some of the benefits of eating mangoes:
- It has a high amount of antioxidant properties, which helps us to boost our immunity
- It is safe to be consumed during pregnancy in little amounts as it helps to reduce acidity, indigestion, constipation issues and morning sickness.
- Mangoes contains an antioxidant called zeaxanthin, which helps to protect us from eye issues and maintains eye health.
- A bioactive compound called Mangiferin, found in mangoes, helps in preventing different types of cancers like skin, colon, breast, lung, and even neurological cancers.
- Mangoes contain a good amount of fiber, potassium and vitamins, which helps to lower the risk of heart diseases.
- It has a good amount of Vitamin A ,which helps to grow the body tissues of our hair and skin.
Here are some delicious mango recipes to try:
1. Fresh Mango Amrakhand
- 150 gms of hung curd
- 150 gms fresh mango pulp
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 80 gms of castor sugar
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients till you see a fine consistency. There should be no lumps.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hour and serve chilled.
2. Mango Mint Kheer
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar/jaggery
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 cup mango puree
- 7-8 chopped almonds
- 10-15 raisins
- A small bunch of mint leaves
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 2-3 cloves of almonds for garnishing
- In a pan, stir milk with basmati rice and add sugar or jaggery.
- Add saffron and gently mix all together.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, add mango puree in it.
- Sprinkle some almonds, raisins and mint leaves in it.
- Let it cook on low flame and mix them gently in between till the rice is cooked properly and the kheer gets the creamy texture.
- Add green cardamom in it.
- Pour it into the serving bowl and garnish it with the almond cloves.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours and serve it cool.
3. Mango Salsa
- 1 cup mangoes
- 1 ½ tsp. finely chopped spring onions with greens
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped capsicum
- ½ tsp. finely chopped green chilies
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Put the mangoes in a deep bowl and mash them lightly with the help of potato masher.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix them well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and serve it chilled with nachos.
4. Mango Chia Pudding:
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups mango puree
- In a bowl, add milk, chia seeds and honey. Mix them well. Keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, bring the mixture out and stir it so that no lump is there.
- Now again keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the puree of the mango in the blender and keep it in the refrigerator. No need to use any sweetener in the puree.
- Once the pudding is set, pour it in the serving glasses and layer it with mango puree.
- Garnish it with mango pieces.
Mini Mango Pancakes
- ¾ cups mango cubes
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup plain flour (Maida)
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp. melted butter
- ¼ tsp. cardamom (elaichi powder)
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tsp. butter
- Combine the mango cubes and powdered sugar in a mixer jar and blend it smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and all the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Grease the non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Pour the batter to make the pancake and spread it.
- Cook it on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Serve them hot.