This Eid Try These Yummy Chicken Curry Recipes
- Tavishi Dogra
Updated : January 20, 2022 05:01 IST
Eid-al-Fitr is the most prominent Muslim festival. Celebrate it along with some delicious food. Try our easy chicken recipes for Eid-ul-Fitr.
If you love chicken, we are sure you would love to try out different recipes and treat yourself and your family. Eid is around, and it's the best occasion to try your hands on some good chicken curry at home! Can you imagine your festivals without a delicious meal? So, make this Eid ul-Fitr a little more special with these delectable chicken dishes. Here are two recipes that you would love to experiment with:
- 1 kg cleaned chicken
- 1-2 tsp sugar, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- 1.5 cup grated coconut and finely chopped onion
- 200 ml tomato puree and thick coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice and ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 tbsp chopped cashew nuts and oil
- 4-6 pieces cinnamon and cardamom
- Salt and dried red chillies
- 1 small piece of nutmeg
- Grind dried red chillies, coconut, fenugreek, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, cashew nuts and nutmeg to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil or ghee, add onion in a kadhai and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ground ginger-garlic paste and fry till the oil separates.
- Add tomato puree, coconut milk with a cup of water.
- Add salt, sugar and chicken.
- Cover and simmer it till the gravy become creamy, and the chicken is prepared.
- Serve hot topped with a pinch of lime juice.
You May Also Like
Love munching on chips? Then try these yummy baked jackfruit chips
Maharashtrian Delights: 3 Chicken Curry Recipes That Are Worth Trying
Bakra Eid recipe: Try traditional Moroccan dish of Chicken Tagine on Eid-ul-Adha
Your Classic Butter Chicken Gets A Keto Makeover In This Yummy Recipe
Eid-Ul-Fitr 2022: Celebrate The Festive Season With Yummy Recipes
- 3 coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped cilantro and ground coriander
- 1-inch piece of peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cardamom and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and cinnamon
- 5-ounce skinned chicken breast
- Salt and garam masala to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Chop the onions, ginger, garlic and grind them in a food processor.
- Heat oil and add the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, cardamom and cloves. For about 1 minute, cook over low heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, onion mix and cook on high flame.
- Until the mixture turns golden brown, stir occasionally.
- Add the tomato and turmeric sauce and cook over relatively high heat until it is slightly thickened; stir occasionally.
- Add the salted chicken breasts to the casserole.
- Coat the sauced chicken while adding water. Cover it up and bring it to a boil.
- Until the chicken is white throughout, let it simmer over low heat.
- Season the salted chicken curry, sprinkle garam masala and garnish with cilantro.