Wheat Murukku Recipe
About Wheat Murukku Recipe:
- 35 mins
- 9 Ingredients
Ingredients for Wheat Murukku Recipe
- 1/2 Cups Wheat flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 0.13 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 0.13 Tsp Carom seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 A Pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame seeds
- As Required Oil for frying
How to Make Wheat Murukku Recipe
1. firstly, take a bowl and place clean cotton cloth.
2. Add in wheat flour and cover tightly by folding the cloth.
3. Place into the cooker to steam for 15 minutes without putting on the whistle.
now open the cooker and see the flour would have hardened.
4. Break the lumps and sieve to prevent any lumps. the flour should be slightly warm while siving.
5. Add in cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, pinch hing and salt.
6. Mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
7. Add ½ cup water and knead the dough.
knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
8.Now take star mould and fix to the chakli maker.
9. Grease the chakli maker with some oil. this prevents dough from sticking to mould.
furthermore, make a cylindrical shape out of dough and place the dough inside the maker.
10. Tighten the lid and start preparing chaklis.
11. On the wet cloth or butter paper make small spiral shape chaklis by pressing.
seal the ends so that it doesn’t fall apart while deep frying.
12. Take one murukku/Chakli at a time and slide it into the hot oil. or bake in a preheated oven at 180-degree celsius for 15 minutes.
13. Flip the murukku and fry on medium flame till they turn crispy from both sides.
furthermore, drain over a paper towel to remove excess oil.
14. Finally, once cooled enjoy aate ki chakli or store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
This recipe was submitted by a Slurrp Community Member and hasn't been tested by the Slurrp recipe team