Rajasthani Lapsi Recipe
About Rajasthani Lapsi Recipe:
Lapsi is a traditional dish of Rajasthan and Gujarat prepared with porridge/ daliya. Lapsi is often prepared for some special occasions or for rituals.Lapsi is one of most humble of sweet dishes. Made with dahlia (broken what) and jaggery, traditional lapsi is very earthy, very rustic dessert, with no fancy frills. It is part of both Rajasthani and Gujarati cuisine and fairly common during Navratris. Interestingly it is a quintessential part of Bohri cuisine too.
- 8 Ingredients
Ingredients for Rajasthani Lapsi Recipe
- 3 tablespoon clarified butter/ghee
- 1 cup porridge/ daliya
- 3 cup Water
- 10 strands saffron strands/ Kesar
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
How to Make Rajasthani Lapsi Recipe
1. In a pressure cooker heat the clarified butter and add porridge to it.
2. Roast it at medium flame for about 10 minutes and its colour will start changing.
3. Add 2 cups of water and saffron strand. Let it be in the pressure cooker for 5 whistles.
4. Add jaggery and mix until the jaggery melts.
5. Now add almost, coconut and cardamom powder .
6. Simmer it on low flame for five minutes and your rajasthani lapsi is ready.
7. Garnish it with dry fruits and serve with curry.