Pastel Mandi’O Recipe
About Pastel Mandi’o Recipe:
Pastel mandi is a delicious snack made from corn flour, cassava and a stuffing usually prepared with beef.
- 21 Ingredients
Ingredients for Pastel Mandi’O Recipe
- As required For the dough
- 900 gram Cassava
- 1 No.s egg
- 2 tablespoon margarine , melted
- 1.25 cup corn flour , or fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- As required Fine salt
- As required Vegetable Oil
- As required For The Filling
- 900 gram Beef
- 3 tablespoon rice , soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- 2 No.s Onions
- 4 No.s cloves garlic
- 1 No.s bay leaf
- 1/4 No.s red bell pepper , chopped
- 3 sprig parsley , chopped
- 2 No.s hard boiled eggs , grated
- As required Salt
- As required Pepper
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
How to Make Pastel Mandi’o Recipe
take meat, 2 garlic cloves, bay leaves,1 onion, salt and pepper in a pressure cooker.
cook it for 45 minutes.
once cooked, chop the meat.
take chopped onions, garlic and bell peppers in a dutch oven and saute them for a while.
add rice to the pan and season it with some salt and pepper.
add 2 ladles of meat stock, cumin and chopped parsley.
cook this mixture for 10 minutes on low heat.
add meat to the pan and mix well.
strain the mixture and discard the liquid.
clean and peel the cassava thoroughly and cut it into big chunks.
place the cassava chunks into a pan and cover it with water.
boil it for 30 minutes and drain well.
take corn flour and cassava in a bowl and add salt, egg, margarine and flour to it.
knead this into a dough.
roll the dough in order to make 4 inch discs.
place a spoon of stuffing in the center of the stuffing and close the disc into a half moon shape by applying some water on the edges.
deep fry them in a dutch oven and serve hot.