The Nigerian native Jollof Rice is also known as Iwuk Edesi or Palm oil Rice is a soul food at it's finest and is a luscious rice prepared in palm oil along with kpomo,shrimps,ugu leaves,peppers and other seasoning ingredients.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
Blend tomatoes and peppers together
1. In a cooking pot add palm oil and heat it.
2. Add in chopped onions and saute.
3. Add bend paste,stir and cook for 10 mins with the lid on.
4. Now add diced pnomo,shrimps followed by ground crayfish.
5. Add in salt,maggi cubes,cameroon pepper,garlic powder & ginger powder
6. Add 2 cups of water and stir it well.
7. Then add the parboiled rice and cover the pot with a aluminium foil
8. Then cover it up with a lid and cook it for 20 mins
9. Lastly add the ugu leaves,red bell peppers and cover it.
10. Let it cook for 5 mins on a low heat .
11. After 5 mins turn off the flame and serve.