Fried Plantain Salad Recipe
About Fried Plantain Salad Recipe:
Fried plantains mixed with vegetables and topped with honey dressing. It has a beautiful array of sweet, spicy and tangy flavors, plus some lovely textures from the beans, plantain, avocado and mango. It’s great on its own or served as a side. Even better, the dressing comes together as you mix the ingredients, so you can spend less time washing dishes and more time eating. Cooked plantains are nutritionally very similar to a potato, calorie-wise, but contain more of certain vitamins and minerals.
- 17 Ingredients
Ingredients for Fried Plantain Salad Recipe
- 1 No.s ripe plantain
- As required canola oil, for frying
- As required kosher salt
- 1/4 No.s medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 No.s red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cup Arugula
- 1 No.s avocado, sliced
- 2 No.s green onions, sliced on the bias
- 3 tablespoon pistachio, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- As required freshly ground black pepper
- As required HONEY DRESSING
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup neutral oil , such as canola or avocado
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
How to Make Fried Plantain Salad Recipe
Heat enough amount oil in a pan to deep fry the plantains.
Fry the plantains for 2-3 minutes on each side or until thy turn golden brown.
Heat a little oil in a pan and add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until they are slightly softened, but still have some crunch, 3–4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
For Dressing- in a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon, and salt together.
Top with the sautéed peppers and onions, fried plantains, green onions, sliced avocado, pistachios, and cilantro.
Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.