Cuon Diep Chay Recipe
About Cuon Diep Chay Recipe:
Cuon Diep chay is the vegetarian version of Vietnamese spring roll or summer roll. It has herbs, vegetables, and tofu wrapped in rice paper.
- 21 Ingredients
Ingredients for Cuon Diep Chay Recipe
- 1 inch tofu block, cut into 0.5 thick steaks and wrapped in paper towels to remove the moisture
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 6.50 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon minced scallion
- 2 ounce dried wood ear mushroom, soaked 15 minutes in hot water to rehydrate and cut into 0.25 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon mushroom seasoning powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 10 scallions, green part kept whole and rinsed
- 2 stick sweet potatoes, steamed and cut into in size of French fries
- 3.50 ounce vegan ham, cut into sticks in size of French fries
- 3.50 ounce fresh herbs like mint, basil, and perilla
- 7 ounce fresh rice vermicelli
- 1 pound mustard greens, rinsed
- As required Sauce
- 4 tablespoon fermented soybean sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 tablespoon roasted sesame
- 1 teaspoon minced chili
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
How to Make Cuon Diep Chay Recipe
Fill a cooking pan with one in. (2.5 cm) of edible fat and warmth till bubbles seem around tableware standing into it (oil temperature is concerning 375°f or 180°c).). Gently slide within the bean curd steaks and fry until golden brown on each side. Then take away and place on a towel to empty off the extra oil.
Let cool fully and remove long sticks to the thickness of ¼ in. (1/2 cm). In a bowl, mix 0.5 the julienned carrot with one teaspoon sugar and one tablespoon vinegar. Combine well and put aside.
Heat 2 tbsp edible fat in an exceedingly pan and sauté 0.5 the minced scallions (white part) until golden brown. Add the remainder of the carrot and sauté for one to two minutes till soft. Then add the wood ear mushroom, ½ teaspoon every of sugar and mushroom seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir well. Then add the bean curd and toss to mix. Pop out the warmth and let cool.
Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil. Quickly blanch the inexperienced a part of scallions for thirty seconds or till stale. Transfer to an oversized bowl full of drinking water to prevent the cookery method and maintain the inexperienced color. Drain and put aside
Organize all fillings prepared at the rolling station the stir-fry, sweet potatoes, contemporary herbs, vegan ham, and rice pasta. Take away the thick a part of the mustard leaf stems. Place one leaf on a flat surface with the dark aspect facing down. Place a small amount of every filling ingredient on high and roll it up. Use one leaf of the blanched scallion as a string to hold up the roll nicely. Repeat till the end.
Place the rolls parallel to every different and trim off the rim to form them even in size. To form the sauce, heat one tablespoon edible fat in an exceedingly tiny pan and sauté the remainder of the minced scallion (white part) until aromatic. Add the soured soybean sauce, sugar, spread, and water.
Stir well and simmer for one to two minutes till swish and thickened. Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the roast benny and blend well. High with the minced chili for a lot of heat and color.