Chicken mandi biryani Recipe
About Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe:
- 50 mins
- 27 Ingredients
Ingredients for Chicken mandi biryani Recipe
- 187.50 Pieces chicken leg pieces big sized
- 1 Cups Basmati rice
- 1/4 Cup chopped onions
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- As Required saffron strands kesar
- 1/4 Tbsp Almonds
- 1/4 Tbsp Raisins
- 1/4 Tbsp Cashew Nuts
- A Bunch Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 Cup Chicken stock cube
- 1/2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Green chilli paste
- 1/4 Tsp Haldi
- 1/4 Tsp red chilli powder
- As Required Salt as required
- As Required Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Pieces Black Cardamom
- 2.50 Pieces Green Cardamom Powder: Optional (Recommended Though)
- 2 Pieces Laung
- 1/2 Pieces Medium-size cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 Tsp Fennel seeds
- 0.06 g Nutmel(jaiphal) a pinch of powder
- A Few Mace
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
How to Make Chicken Mandi Biryani Recipe
In a grinder, mix all the whole spices and grind to a fine powder. This powder is the mandi masala.
In a bowl take 2 tbsp of mandi masala, add ginger garlic, lime juice, red chilli powder, half saffron water, and green chilli paste and mix everything together.
Clean the chicken pieces and make gashes on them, rub the mandi masala marinate on it properly. Let this marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 4 hours.
In a pan take oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces for 10-15 minutes on each side in low flame.
Soak the rice in 2 cups of water for at least 30 mins before cooking.
In a handi or big pan, add butter, some oil and chopped onions. Fry until the onions are golden brown.
Now add the 1 tbsp mandi masala and fry for 2 minutes. Add litre water, chicken stock cubes and let it come to a rolling boil.
Now add the rice and let it cook until the water has dried and the rice is soft.
In the pan with rice, add fried chicken pieces on top, nuts and coriander.
Use the coal smoking method if you like at this point
Serve this deliciousness and enjoy!
This recipe was submitted by a Slurrp Community Member and hasn't been tested by the Slurrp recipe team