Bun Dau Mom Tom Recipe
About Bun Dau Mom Tom Recipe:
The dish includes bun (fresh vermicelli rice noodles served as small blocks), flaky tofu cubes, and mam tom (pungent fish paste). The dish is typically served on a bamboo flat container with fresh herbs such as basil, marjoram, and perilla.
- 11 Ingredients
Ingredients for Bun Dau Mom Tom Recipe
- 1 block fresh firm tofu, cubed and deep fried
- As required fermented shrimp paste
- As required Sugar
- As required minced garlic
- As required lime/kumquat juice
- As required fresh red chili pepper, diced
- As required vegetable oil to deep fry
- As required rice vermicelli
- As required boiled pork belly, thinly sliced
- As required cucumber, thinly sliced
- As required fresh herbs: Vietnamese balm / Asian basils/holy basils
How to Make Bun Dau Mom Tom Recipe
Deep-fry the curd cubes on medium-high heat so it is golden brown and crisp on the surface, nevertheless still soft and damp on the within.
The trick is to use a generous quantity of oil and fry at 200c/400°f oil temperature. Rotate quickly simply to brown the surface of the curd cubes.
Add sugar and hot pepper to the shrimp paste befits style. Add 1-2 tbsp hot oil from the cooking curd pan.
Squeeze in recent lime/kumquat juice whereas perpetually stirring till it foams up into a sauce.
To serve, cut fried curd into bite-sized items. Grapes a small amount of everything (tofu, vermicelli, herbs, and stewed pork /cucumber) and dip within the sauce.