Besan Ke Karele Recipe
About Besan Ke Karele Recipe:
The Karela Besan Sabzi is an absolutely simple, healthy and delicious recipe to make. Rajasthani food uses besan extensively along with vegetables and this karela sabzi is one such dish which is packed with flavours. From sauteed onions, to garlic along with amchur powder and other masalas which add to the deliciousness of this tasty sabzi.
- 12 Ingredients
Ingredients for Besan Ke Karele Recipe
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- As required Bitter gourd
- As required Salt
- 1.50 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
All nutritional information presented are estimates and not meant to substitute professional dietary advice or treatment
How to Make Besan Ke Karele Recipe
1. Dry roast 1 cup chickpea flour in a pan for 10 minutes at medium flame.
2. Slice bitter gourds and put some salt and turmeric on them. Put some water and wash them nicely and drain the water
1. In a pan take mustard oil, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and bitter gourd.
2. Now add salt and turmeric in it and mix well. cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes at medium flame.
4. Stir it once and let it cook for another 6-7 minutes while its covered.
5. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and roasted chickpea flour
6. Mix it well so that the flour sticks nicely to the gourd. sprinkle 2-3 spoons of water and stir it.
8. Cook it in a covered pan for another 2 minutes and your besan ke karele are ready.