Beetroot Halwa Recipe
About Beetroot Halwa Recipe:
- 30 mins
- 7 Ingredients
Ingredients for Beetroot Halwa Recipe
- 1 Cups Beetroot
- 0.13 Cup milk
- 1 Tbsp Keshav Ghee
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 0.13 Cup homemade Mawa
- A Pinch Cardamom powder
- As Required For Ganishing Dry fruits for garnishing
How to Make Beetroot Halwa Recipe
1. Rinse, peel and grate the beetroots. You can either use a handheld grater or a food processor to grate the beetroots.
2. Take the grated beetroots in a thick bottomed kadai or pan. Add milk.
3. Mix and cook the grated beetroot and milk mixture on a low to medium flame.
4. The milk will boil and froth whilst cooking. Continue to cook and keep stirring often.
5. When almost 75% to 80% of the milk has reduced, add ghee and sugar. Stir and continue to simmer the halwa till its almost done.
6. Towards the end, add cardamom powder and Mawa.
7. Stir and continue to cook till the milk has evaporated.
8. Serve beetroot halwa hot or warm. You can also refrigerate the halwa for 3 to 4 days and then while serving, just warm the halwa.
This recipe was submitted by a Slurrp Community Member and hasn't been tested by the Slurrp recipe team